Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quentin Sannie: Ten Years
A bit off topic, but:
Looking at the Louis Vuitton DJ trunk, where are the Phantoms supposed to be stored? The only spot big enough to take them appears to be the pull out drawer at the bottom, which is shown as LP storage. Even the individual piece of hand luggage doesn’t look big enough to hold a Phantom. Or are you supposed to splash out for a Louis Vuitton Cocoon for each one?
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(30-Jan-2018, 23:20)aerki Wrote: On the anniversary of a decade, is anyone happy to talk about his boiler problems or the kid's diarrhea?

Reading your complaints makes you feel like you're in France! Smile

I bought one of the first Devialet amps in the past, so I experienced all the upgrades and progress made. At the time it was Quentin Sannié that I was online to talk about the amp, then they grew up and raised millions of euros of capital from investors whose love of music fades away before the love of money and profitability.
It's a compromise, as usual.
Otherwise you end up as one of the British flagships of the Hifi: Naim, acquired by a band of frogs.
Let's not be fooled, it's the high volume deals that finance the HIFI High-end and certainly not the reciprocal, just as it's not the formula 1 that keeps Daimler Benz alive...
And those who forget how the world turns will unfortunately end up as a trophy at Tata.

Of course for us purists, Devialet's marketing is arrogant and insolent, but let's also look at what it allows us to achieve over time.
For my part, having progressed from a first D Premier to the current 1000 Pro core infinity, I have the chance to measure the path accomplished and this gives me confidence for the next few years, whatever the marketing discourse.

Anyway, Thank You Emmanuel, Pierre Emmanuel, Quentin and Devialet team
+1.
No matter the email is for marketing or not , but marketing is not necessarily a bad thing, I like my D200 which transformed into D440 and now 440 CI. I love its SQ very much. D may not be strong in SW side but it does well in HW and innovation.
(31-Jan-2018, 06:50)Axel Wrote: A bit off topic, but:
Looking at the Louis Vuitton DJ trunk, where are the Phantoms supposed to be stored? The only spot big enough to take them appears to be the pull out drawer at the bottom, which is shown as LP storage. Even the individual piece of hand luggage doesn’t look big enough to hold a Phantom. Or are you supposed to splash out for a Louis Vuitton Cocoon for each one?

In here:

It might be utterly bonkers, but it is reasonably well thought out.

One point to note.  For me, Mr Sannie's communication was very poor, as is most of Devialet's communication and advertising recently, I make no apologies for stating that.  Regarding my 1000Pro, it was sounding utterly amazing last weekend following it's trip to France for CI upgrade.  There is no conflict between having a moan about Devialet's communication but at the same time praising Devialet's sound quality, technical prowess and so on.  It is what it is! Shy
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(31-Jan-2018, 14:18)Confused Wrote:
(31-Jan-2018, 06:50)Axel Wrote: A bit off topic, but:

In here:

It might be utterly bonkers, but it is reasonably well thought out.

One point to note.  For me, Mr Sannie's communication was very poor, as is most of Devialet's communication and advertising recently, I make no apologies for stating that.  Regarding my 1000Pro, it was sounding utterly amazing last weekend following it's trip to France for CI upgrade.  There is no conflict between having a moan about Devialet's communication but at the same time praising Devialet's sound quality, technical prowess and so on.  It is what it is! Shy

Ah. I see.
No mention of the tie in with Technics for the decks though. Sorry. This is just the pedant in me emerging.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(31-Jan-2018, 14:18)Confused Wrote: Regarding my 1000Pro, it was sounding utterly amazing last weekend following it's trip to France for CI upgrade.

Sorry to go off topic, but have you posted a review of your thought of your CI upgraded 1000Pro, and comparison with SQ via your Mutec MC3. Very much interested as I have a 1000Pro (actually 2 x 250Pro's) and us in Australia are still waiting for the upgrade program to commence over here.
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)
(01-Feb-2018, 00:56)Celts88 Wrote:
(31-Jan-2018, 14:18)Confused Wrote: Regarding my 1000Pro, it was sounding utterly amazing last weekend following it's trip to France for CI upgrade.

Sorry to go off topic, but have you posted a review of your thought of your CI upgraded 1000Pro, and comparison with SQ via your Mutec MC3. Very much interested as I have a 1000Pro (actually 2 x 250Pro's) and us in Australia are still waiting for the upgrade program to commence over here.

No, this is planned for this coming weekend.  I did put some hours on the Dev last weekend, but circumstances did not allow any serious listening sessions or comparisons.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(01-Feb-2018, 10:07)Confused Wrote:
(01-Feb-2018, 00:56)Celts88 Wrote:

No, this is planned for this coming weekend.  I did put some hours on the Dev last weekend, but circumstances did not allow any serious listening sessions or comparisons.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)
Although there are still some issues, Devialet can indeed be proud about their achievements.

In my view they have providing a ton more value and continued innovation than any other high end brand while delivering the best sound there is.

Cheers,
Bernard
Room: Gik Acoustics | Vibration: Townshend pods | Power: Shunyata Omega XC + Everest + Sigma NR v2 + Sigma ground cables | Source: Mojo Audio DejaVu EVO linux server running Roon core (Raat) | Ethernet: Sonore Optical module + Melco S10P with dedicated LPS + Shunyata Omega Ethernet x 2| Synchronous: Mutec MC-3 + USB (Paul Hynes SR7T LPS) + Cybershaft OP21A (Shunyata Omega USB, AES/EBU, clock cables) | Dac/Pre/Amplification: Devialet D1000 Pro CI (Chord Sarum T RCA-RCA link) | Speakers: Chord Sarum T cables + Wilson Benesch Act One Evolution P1
I think the issue here is more about the timing of the self-congratulatory email which most of us received.

What Devialet have achieved is pretty impressive by any standards. They have gone from startup to 60M euros turnover (2016) whilst at the same time disrupting the market by offering SQ previously only attainable with the most expensive systems. And this is in a shrinking market for hi-fi. 

I agree with some of aerki's points however I would argue that there are many high-end providers out there that have found a niche for their services. You only have to visit the shows at Munich and (I'm told) Warsaw to see how much variety there is out there. Of course many of them won't survive, but by the same token some will. 

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK