Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about delay-issue
Hi.
I'm THIS close to buying two Silver Phantoms + dialog, but keep reading about the Lip-sync issues, when the Phantom's hooked up to a TV.

Is it really that noticeable?
Has it gotten any better after the latest software-updates?

This is the only thing holding me back from buying..
I watch A LOT of movies, using my projector setup and a pair of Phantoms. No problems at all.
You can always go for the 45 DAY RISK-FREE TRIAL and see if it works for you.
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)
The trial route is the way to go, however if you manage your TV's audio and video through an AVprocessor (like a Marantz AV8801/02) then you can adjust the delays for lip-sync in the AVP settings.
Levinson 33 amps, Wilson Grand Slamm S3's, Levinson 32 ref pre and ad/da, Basis Ovation and Rega 40 with JSpall custom tone arms, Lyra, Ortofon & Grado cartridges, Marantz AV 8801, PSAudio phono pre, Devialet Dialog w  5 Gold Phantoms, Wilson powered subwoofer, Watch center, Wilson surrounds, Kaleidescape Movie server, Crestron AV controller and switch, 120 MBS docsis3 modem, 20 MBS xdsl modem, Peplink balance 20 router, Ruckus 802.11ac Wave 2 WAPS plus multi Pakedge WAPs, 48 port POE gigabit switch, NetGear 8TB NAS, Amazon Fire,ROKU and Apple TV gen 4, 12 core Mac Pro, Macbook Air Retina, 65" and 50" Runco TV's. Blue sound node 2, OPPO BDP105D, DSpeaker AntiMode 2.0, Octava HDMI/Optical switch, cabling Nordost for analog, Cardas and wireworld for digital/optical.
In my setup it is very annoying when hooked up to my tv, it sucks. When connected to my receiver box it is not a problem because the video processing delay from the tv is about the same as the delay from the phantoms. Watching movies I use Kodi to correct the delay. So it depends on your setup I think. Cant say the updates made the delay less.
I have a Samsung UHD f9000 tv and connected to the left phantom with a optilink cable and no problems at all
(07-Apr-2016, 16:52)Johnnydev Wrote: I have a Samsung UHD f9000 tv and connected to the left phantom with a optilink cable and no problems at all

And the sound is awesome !!!!
I hook my TV directly to my left Phantom and watch TV.. no sync issues..
I hook my Bluray player to my Dialog and watch a bluray... no sync issues.
If I hook my Bluray player to my TV and the TV out to Dialog and then watch a bluray... i have lip sync issues.
Current: Phantom Silvers, Oppo 105D (Toslink), Raspberry Pi + Digi+, ROON
Pre-Phantom: PenAudio Rebel2, Nuforce MCH-2C5, Oppo 105D (Analog)
Thanks for answering.

The 45 day risk-free trial is a good point. I'll give it a go! (:
I'm using a mac mini to leverage VLC player to adjust lip sync delay when playing content to a cinema projector. mac is connecting to phantom via bluetooth. Works perfect.