Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions About the Phantom
Question 
Hi Folks,

I have been intrigued by the notion of putting a pair of Phantoms in my listening room. I had decided to replace my Magnepan speakers with something much like the Zu Definition Mk 4 and replacing my amp with a Pass class A amp. I am thinking that while the Phantoms may not be as good as the Zu/Pass setup they are probably better than my Magnepans. This is all supposition.

I will not sell my Aurender X100 (unless I get the W20 and I can't afford those Wink ). So how is this going to work? The Devialet site has thoroughly confused me Huh  and I am hoping that you folks can help me.

My thoughts are that I can connect the Aurender via USB cable to the Dialog and the Dialog will connect to the Phantoms via Wi-Fi (or some such). I have a good number of HiRes files and it seems that I will be able to play up to 24/192 music. I also have about 1000 DSD files which the Dialog/Phantom won't play, at this time. I would think that Devialet would enable DSD playback in some form "real soon now". Also, how am I going to play my LPs?

Am I on the right track?

Bob

PS

I have thought about going the expert route but somehow that seems not to be attractive to me.
Synology 713+ -> Aurender N10 -> D 200 -> Legacy Audio Focus SE speakers. ClearAudio Emotion TT. Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker and Galileo (USB) Interconnects and Synergistic PowerCell UEF S - Virginia U. S. A.
USB input is not yet available with Dialog, it may never be, I think it is for HD.
You can use optical from your Aurender into the Phantom, see my comments on using Africa Aries in a similar manner.
Spell correction I meant Aurilac Aries!
Thanks. That is what I thought. I guess that this one isn't for me.
Synology 713+ -> Aurender N10 -> D 200 -> Legacy Audio Focus SE speakers. ClearAudio Emotion TT. Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker and Galileo (USB) Interconnects and Synergistic PowerCell UEF S - Virginia U. S. A.
(10-Apr-2015, 21:05)davidadamson Wrote: Spell correction I meant Aurilac Aries!

The real spell correction is Auralic Aries by the way!
■ Devialet 1000 Pro & Roon Lifetime ■ Dynaudio Sapphire ■ Streacom fanless HTPC-SSD (W8.1) ■ Sonos  Connect (+Magna Ultimo mod) ■ Qobuz Studio  Qnap TS 219 P II ■ v.d. Hul The Revolution LS cables ■ PS Audio Quintet ■ picture: Sony VPL-HW65ES & LG-OLED65C9
Amsterdam NL