Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions from a newcommer
Hello from Finland. I am new to the wonderful world of Devialet. Rather interested in the 1000 monoblocks, and I have a few questions.

First, and please not that I am an amateur at this! I read that it comes with two volume controls, why is it so? I thought one would control both, or am I missing something?

The case is very slim, so I was thinking about slimmer cables. Does anyone have listening experience with Nordost's Tyr 2 cabel system?

B&W 800 D4 series and Sonus Faber Amati Tradition or Il Cremonese, what do you think of these to go with a Devialet system?
(17-Apr-2022, 21:19)Michael77 Wrote: Hello from Finland. I am new to the wonderful world of Devialet. Rather interested in the 1000 monoblocks, and I have a few questions.

First, and please not that I am an amateur at this! I read that it comes with two volume controls, why is it so? I thought one would control both, or am I missing something?

The case is very slim, so I was thinking about slimmer cables. Does anyone have listening experience with Nordost's Tyr 2 cabel system?

B&W 800 D4 series and Sonus Faber Amati Tradition or Il Cremonese, what do you think of these to go with a Devialet system?

One remote does control both but two is good to have. Both does control both.

Cables I suggest to try in your own set. Decission after that.

Devialet is good with B&W and I'm sure also with SF. Test and listen with your own ears, that is the best way to find out.
@Michael77 I used the original Nordost Flatline (called Superflatline today) in my system for many years. Very satisfied! Tyr 2 is probably much better so should be good choice. For speakers, make sure the model you choose has a SAM profile. Apart from that it's a matter of taste.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
Devialet + B&W 80x + Nordost = bleeding ears Smile

For me!
Devialet Expert 440 Pro | Dynaudio Confidence 50 | 2x SVS SB16-Ultra
Anthem MRX 720 | Dynaudio Excite X28 | Dynaudio Emit M20
LG OLED 77 CX | LG OLED 65 C7

(18-Apr-2022, 11:09)Delija Wrote: Devialet + B&W 80x + Nordost = bleeding ears Smile

For me!

You may be right on that! Personally I prefer the tonal balance of Sonus Faber...
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
But what about the two volume controllers? Also noticed that my dream B&W 801 D4 is not SAM, but Sonus Faber Il Cremonese is.
One comes in package with 1000 Pro. I don't know where you got the info about two.
As already said, you can buy additional - and all of them control both Experts together - as one.
I did that for my 440 Pro. I use none of them Smile - only the mobile app,

I think @Waiski answered that further up? The current 1000 is actually two complete 250 Pro CI. There is no "Master" and "Companion" any more, so each amplifier comes with a remote.
Devialetless!
Master and companion don't exist from the time when Pro models hit the market. Only software determines which is which.

Sorry, but I can't find his first reply. Using an old Xiaomi mobile, need to get a laptop.

It might have been a translation error into Swe, because that's where I read about two controllers. Okay, so one controls both? Clear, thanks for your help.