Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions from a newcommer
Yes, control signals including volume are transferred on the signal link between the two. This also enables use of inputs on both monoblocks. You may have to connect the "trigger" cable (3.5 mm jack on both ends) between the two to have full input flexibility on a pair.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
Hi there,

I own Devialet 1000 Expert Pros and Sonus Faber Amati Futura speakers and I absolutely love the combination. I've heard the 1000s with the Traditions and the combination is equally great if you love the Traditions. Personally, I find the Traditions have moved too far away from previous generations of Sonus Faber house sound. I've also heard the 1000s with the new Il Cremonese Ex3ME at Oxford Audio Consultants while listening to new speaker cables. Besides what remarkable speakers the Il Cremonese Ex3ME are (I wish I had a living room large enough to accomodate them!), I was staggered by how much more the Devialet 1000 amps had to offer! 
Nick W
(18-Apr-2022, 21:29)NickW Wrote: Hi there,

I own Devialet 1000 Expert Pros and Sonus Faber Amati Futura speakers and I absolutely love the combination. I've heard the 1000s with the Traditions and the combination is equally great if you love the Traditions. Personally, I find the Traditions have moved too far away from previous generations of Sonus Faber house sound. I've also heard the 1000s with the new Il Cremonese Ex3ME at Oxford Audio Consultants while listening to new speaker cables. Besides what remarkable speakers the Il Cremonese Ex3ME are (I wish I had a living room large enough to accomodate them!), I was staggered by how much more the Devialet 1000 amps had to offer! 
Nick W

I just upgraded to D1000 and also play with the Futura's. As I'll look into cables not that long from now: would you be so kind to share which cables have you tried so far and which are you using now?
Stereo: Sonus Faber Amati Futura - Graphite -> Yter Loudspeaker Cable -> Devialet D250 - Chrome -> LessLoss DFPC Orginal Powercord
Source: Mac Mini -> Devialet Air Ethernet
Control: iPad Air / iPhone 5S -> Apple Remote
(17-Apr-2022, 21:19)Michael77 Wrote: Hello from Finland. I am new to the wonderful world of Devialet. Rather interested in the 1000 monoblocks, and I have a few questions.

First, and please not that I am an amateur at this! I read that it comes with two volume controls, why is it so? I thought one would control both, or am I missing something?

The case is very slim, so I was thinking about slimmer cables. Does anyone have listening experience with Nordost's Tyr 2 cabel system?

B&W 800 D4 series and Sonus Faber Amati Tradition or Il Cremonese, what do you think of these to go with a Devialet system?

https://www.francoserblin.it/it/manufatt...do-essence

Are they imported into your country?

They have a magical sound, Fantastic finish. the original Sonus Faber sound that continues thanks to Franco's son-in-law.
Clearaudio Solution Cmb - Clearaudio Syncro Power - Achromat - The Wand Plus II - AT Oc9 III - Nuc Cirrus7  Roon Rock - Cisco sg200-08 - D220 Expert Pro Ci - PMC LB1 Signature with SAM - Egglestonworks Fontaine II - 2x BK 200Xls ff Mk2 - Meicord Eth - Siltech New York - Audioquest Nrg Z3 - HAF Drc

Marietto - Italia
Oh, I don't believe so. Sad, because I would like to see them in real life.
I stand corrected! Audiomania, a company I have never heard of, has them. Nice!

Thank you for letting me know about this brand. Will do some reading now.
(18-Apr-2022, 22:11)IGuardianI Wrote:
(18-Apr-2022, 21:29)NickW Wrote: Hi there,

Nick W

I just upgraded to D1000 and also play with the Futura's. As I'll look into cables not that long from now: would you be so kind to share which cables have you tried so far and which are you using now?

Hi IGuardianI

I previously owned Yter speaker cables (two runs of 4.5m each) that I puchased when I started my high-end audiophile journey back in 2007 with SF Guarneri Momento standmount speakers. Having arrived at the SF Amati Futuras and the Devialet 1000s, the next obvious upgrade was the Yter speaker cable. I listened to cables from Chord, including the Sarum-T and the more expensive ChordMusic, and the Ansur A2 cables that Oxford Audio recommended to be compared with the Sarum-T. To cut a long story short, I found the ChordMusic to be my preference (by a good margin). Next I would have chosen the Ansur A2 cables over the Sarum-T, but it was very close.
The only problem was the huge cost to replace two runs of 4.5m Yter cables with two runs of 4.5m ChordMusic cables. Prohibatively expensive! In the end I purchased two runs of just 1.5m ChordMusic cable, moved my left-hand channel Devialet over to my left-hand Amati, purchased a smaller version of my main HIFi Racks stand for the left-hand side, and a long (3m) Chord digital interconnect to run between my master and companion Devialet amps. I still enjoyed plenty of change from what two runs of 4.5m ChordMusics would have cost.
Hope this helps.
NickW
Having two remotes is surprisingly nice. I have one "near" and one "far" remote Smile