Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Quitting devialet, going Pass Labs
What speakers are you using w/ the Dev?

(17-May-2018, 00:35)burgundy Wrote: so after a year of using Devialet D200, I am not really satisfied with the dynamics.  Don't get me wrong, Devialet is very convenient.  1 box solution with a great DAC.  
I heard a friend's Jadis tube amp.  Even with 60W, it has great dynamic, plus the warm sweet tone that you expect from a good Class A tube amp.  
I don't want to go tube, and I heard great things about Pass labs.
Thinking about switching.  In fact, I am pretty sure about it.
Anyone has similar experience?
SYSTEM 1:Grimm MU-1 running Roon Server & Ready//Grimm TPM//GRIMM LS1be
SYSTEM 2: Antipodes DX Roon Server// MiniDSP// Grimm TPM// Dutch & Dutch 8C

(18-May-2018, 12:41)AaronG Wrote: What speakers are you using w/ the Dev?

(17-May-2018, 00:35)burgundy Wrote: so after a year of using Devialet D200, I am not really satisfied with the dynamics.  Don't get me wrong, Devialet is very convenient.  1 box solution with a great DAC.  
I heard a friend's Jadis tube amp.  Even with 60W, it has great dynamic, plus the warm sweet tone that you expect from a good Class A tube amp.  

Sopra 2
(18-May-2018, 22:40)burgundy Wrote:
(18-May-2018, 12:41)AaronG Wrote: What speakers are you using w/ the Dev?

Sopra 2

Burgundy - which Pass Labs are you looking at.  I'm familiar with Sopra 2's and have driven them with my dual 220CI's (testing at my local dealer).  They take a lot of power and the dual 220's where a match in heaven.  I don't feel the Aleph 2 (100w Class A's) would give me any where near the same SQ I got out of the Focal's with the 2 220's (d440ci config).

The Sopra 2's are a wonderful speaker and are matched beautifully with Devialet (but you may need to move to a higher output than you currently have).

They also fill a large room very nicely.
Jim
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Roon for life, VPI Aries 3D le/Dynavector XV-1s, 1000 Pro, KEF Blade Two
Okanagan, British Columbia