Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
REW options
Hi,

Does anyone know how to get REW to recognise the SUB out from an Expert 200?

Thanks
I'm not quite sure about the question. When you say REW, do you mean the measuring software? If yes, why would it need to recognize the sub-output?
Win10/HQPlayer / Roon - Uptone Audio Etherregen switch / SOtM-SMS-200 ultra with clock input - Mutec REF 10 clock for the switch and the streamer - Denafrips GAIA DCC - Devialet D800 - YG Acoustics Carmel - Dual Elac SUB-2090 
power supplies: Uptone JS-2, SOtM SPS-500
My apologies, yes I meant REW the measuring software.

I want to be able to isolate just the subs from the REW drop down when I take measurements.

Thanks
REW has no control of your amp so you'll have to simply disconnect speakers from the amp, but leave the subwoofer(s) connected and playing for measurements.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
B****r!

I was hoping I could be lazy and do it all from my seat.

Thank you though for your time.
(11-Feb-2023, 21:05)MosesMagnum Wrote: B****r!

Good sound can’t be bought. You have to work for it.  Tongue
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(11-Feb-2023, 21:05)MosesMagnum Wrote: B****r!

@MosesMagnum You can, that is how I do it. You program the remote. You assign one button to mute and apply the mute to the speakers only (in the settings). When you press, speakers go on mute and subs (I have two) keep on working. 

I program one other button as "pre-out" (on/off) and in the settings I set: pre-out on: speakers high pass filter, subs low pass filter, pre-out off: obviously subs off, speakers back to full range. This way, I can easily compare my system with and without subs. 

I took me quite a while to find the right HPF and LPF and delay but now perfectly blended. REW shows +/-10 degree phase shift in the whole overlap but for most part it is less then 5 degrees. The overlap in my case is about 40-70 Hz. Many speaker manufacturers would be happy to achieve such low phase shift.
Win10/HQPlayer / Roon - Uptone Audio Etherregen switch / SOtM-SMS-200 ultra with clock input - Mutec REF 10 clock for the switch and the streamer - Denafrips GAIA DCC - Devialet D800 - YG Acoustics Carmel - Dual Elac SUB-2090 
power supplies: Uptone JS-2, SOtM SPS-500