Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Had problems with Air and Roon remote
Like many other people I have problems with Roon connected with Devialet Air. When it worked the sound was very nice. So I needed to connect an ethernet cable to D instead. Thoughts arose about buying an expensive ethernet cable. But tried to connect the ethernet cable to the HP with Roon and selected Air on D. Suddenly the music from Roon was totally stable. Roon and Devialet remotes on a mobile phone also work well. Perhaps a connection in an old thread?
Tidal --> New brand streamer/dac/preamp --> InterM R500Plus monoblocks --> Intelligent Sound Double 12 --> fractal cables --> La Suède
Hi Jonas
your post is a bit unclear.. Did you have problems with Devialet AIR which is now resolved by using Roon's AIR and a ethernet cable to your amplifier? Was your HP using wifi?

In any case your experience mirrors mine and many others. Devialet AIR was never stable for many users. It is recommended to use cable to the amp and Roon Core for this to work properly. Some users have good enough wifi to play highrez, but most don't.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
Hi ogs
Right, the connection with Roon's Air is better however I got best result when the ethernet cable was connected to a HP. Instead of ethernet to Devialet. The differences in SQ and stability is very clear.
Tidal --> New brand streamer/dac/preamp --> InterM R500Plus monoblocks --> Intelligent Sound Double 12 --> fractal cables --> La Suède
I see. Interesting and good that it all works now, OP.
But what is HP?
Kind regards,
David.
Shy
Currently: MacMini with Tidal, Qobuz Roon via RAAT / Cat7 Ethernet cable / Devialet 1000 Expert Pro CI (the BIG dogs!)/ Analysis Plus Oval 9 cable / Hyperion Audio 968 / Cheap cable to homemade, 12 inch powered subwoofers.
(22-Aug-2017, 03:17)ICUDoc Wrote: I see. Interesting and good that it all works now, OP.
But what is HP?

Hi David

HP - Hewlett Packard. Didn´t expect that at all. Try to get D Air working on another computer with Windows 7 but it says that it aint compatible. Perhaps someone knows which version of D Air is suitable for W 7?

All best, Jonas
Hi Jonas

I think the question is more a HP what, laptop? PC? Switch? etc.
Roon/RAAT - Dev 250 Pro - AQ Castle Rock - SF Olympica ii
Hi Chris

It sure could be. It's a minor challenge to get all settings correct.
Finally... I got Devialet Air up and running. Moved the router close to D 400 and connected an ethernet cable to the HP laptop. Then the signal to D got strong, streaming became stable and the SQ is gorgeous. Perhaps someone else could try?
I have never had any problems with AIR and Roon AIR. Sounds perfect to me.
I think the key to a good performing AIR environment is a well configured and good working network....
Devialet Dione

Rotterdam, NL
Yes a good network is essential. However apparently it's not always the whole picture. With an ethernet cable for example to a laptop the speed of internet and the stability of Roon increases. Have no dropouts or peculiar noise and the HP is 5 years old.