Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Bluetooth open to public?
(21-Feb-2016, 20:44)Silvertouran Wrote: Thanks Ragwo, found it. I live in a block of 6 flats and didn't want the same thing happening to me. Especially as it defaults the volume to 70.
Strange thing is the Remote control still works, i thought this was Bluetooth.

My default volume is 35 and when it happened it was max volume straight away, lucky I was home, imagine what would of happen if I was not home.
(21-Feb-2016, 10:45)BjornWiman Wrote: In general the reach distance of Bluetooth is approximately 10 meters IF there are no walls inbetween the transmitter and receiver. So the person who started your Phantoms must have been in close range to be able to connect to, and activate, your Phantoms. To avoid this happening in the future, just switch off the Bluetooth function on your Phantoms when you're not using it.

BR Björn

Skickat från min iPad med Tapatalk

Yes the Bluetooth is off now. I'm living in a apartment building, so I figured it was one of the neighbors.
(21-Feb-2016, 20:39)ragwo Wrote: Yes, you turn off BT in Spark

Thanks, it's off now.
mine is off since day one .....
BT is so lame to use, that I prefered use only wifi
The only thing I don't like about bluetooth in particular is that volume is automatically set at 70 everytime I connect via bluetooth. That's way too high.
(23-Feb-2016, 08:25)MountainGuy Wrote: The only thing I don't like about bluetooth in particular is that volume is automatically set at 70 everytime I connect via bluetooth. That's way too high.

I encountered this too when using an external bluetooth transmitter to Phantom. But I notice when connecting my Mac Mini to Phantoms via bluetooth, the volume does not change from whatever it was set. Not sure why there is that difference.