Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reactor 600 and Chromecast with Google TV - BT issue
Hello everyone!

My set up is the following: Reactor 600 mounted on a wall next to the projector screen; Chromecast with Google TV connected to a projector on a ceiling at some distance away from the Reactor. So, to enjoy my movies and shows, I decided to utilise the reactor and connect it with Chromecast using bluetooth. They connect and the Reactor plays the audio.

But, the issue I have is major. The audio is about a second late, which is quite noticeable when watching movies/shows. Another issue is that the audio often cuts out, stutters, which is quite weird. The distance between the devices is about 2m, which is more than close enough for Bluetooth to function properly.

The weird workaround I have found is to plug in a bluetooth receiver in the Reactor and connect the Chromecast with the receiver. Every single issue I had is gone, no lag, no stutter, no cutting. But, that's kinda weird, right? The issue here is, though not that major, is now I had to improvise with the power, since both the Reactor and the BT receiver need to be plugged in, and the Reactor is mounted on the wall right next to one power source. So I had to improvise and do something that a professional electrician would kill me for, and it looks ugly.
My end goal is to hide the wires or at least minimise their length.

So basically my question for you guys is - has anyone experienced the same issue? How come such an expensive device with so many patents and incredible ideas has such a simple, but annoying issue? Is there any other way to connect the two devices other than the bluetooth? Or any other workaround for the bluetooth issue?

Thanks in advance!