Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reactor 600 vs 900
Question 
Hello ! 
This is my first post here. My wife gave me a present this Christmas : a Devialet Phantom Reactor 600. She has’nt order it yet, and I hesitate to add additional money to buy the 900. Is there a big difference between the 600 and the 900 (except the watts) ? Maybe more bass with the 900 ? Are the dimensions the same?

Thank you !
600 and 900 are identical apart from the difference in amplifier power. The 600 is actually a 900 with electronically reduced max power AFAIK. I do not own either, but I've read that the 900 has a bit more bass power when playing loud. At 'normal' sound levels (whatever that may be...) the two should sound quite identical.
Two 600 (stereo) will be better than one 900 in my view, but of course more expensive than a single 900.
I would not be surprised if Devialet at some point in the future increased the power of the Reactors via a firmware upgrade. They did this with the Phantom speakers and has done the same with Expert amplifiers several times.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
Same opinion like ogs here!
(04-Jan-2021, 09:30)ghosttipper Wrote: Dezelfde mening als ogs hier!

+1 stereo
(04-Jan-2021, 11:50)Johnnydev Wrote:
(04-Jan-2021, 09:30)ghosttipper Wrote: Dezelfde mening als ogs hier!

+1 stereo

I agree. If your budget and room space allow and you want to add extra money, better n°2 —> 600s rather than change to n.1 —> 900.
Agree on getting stereo if at all possible, but if getting another might be a ways down the road then get the 900 if you can swing it. The wife will be blown away by the sound - even in mono - for music and TV/movies do sound really good in mono because the clarity and bass is so good.

In time - if you're a good boy she will get you another 900 and then you can have the stereo experince.

If you get a 600 now you'll always be wishing you had the 900. And if you get 600 now and another 600 in the future
- once you have 600 on stereo you'll be wishing you had 900 in stereo.

So get the single 900 if you can stretch it. Be a good boy for once in your life and mama will get you another 900 in time. Hopefully haha . Whatever you do you'll be stoked and so will she when she hears it. Happy shopping!

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
Hi everyone,

I just bought a stereo pair of 600's and set them up. Is there a big difference between the audio profile of the 900's vs the 600's?
On the 600's i especially find the mids and vocals a bit mashed, vocals sounds less clear/defined as i would have liked. (it sounds like vocals are somewhat melted with the instruments if that makes any sense.)
The bass really works when i put in more volume, but is much less defined at lower volumes. Could be the Speaker break-in period?
Hoping that the Classics will give more layers in the music (from what i remembered hearing it had a impressive soundstage also).
I am definetely thinking about stepping up to the Phantom Classics or 900's already (just got the 600's for 1 single day), but will test this current setup in the next 2 weeks.

Cheers,
Tony
Hello there,i have the reactor 900 in a stereo setup.

It is because th reactors dont have the mid woofer like the bigger brothers do..
You miss some mids..

A break in helps a little but not enough..
If there was a equalizer in de spark app then we could correct it maybe a litlle..
@edgecrush3r
A pair of Phantom Classic would certainly do a lot for the missing midrange you experience with the 600. But the Classic is almost double price of the small Reactor. If that is acceptable, go for a pair of Classics. See my post here for a bit of information on this: https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Any-in-d...0#pid90940
I have a plan to try a pair of 600, but I use digital room correction and expect to be able to work around (to some extent) the effects of the lacking midrange. I may end up disappointed though, in which case there may be a pair of Classic Phantoms in my future too!
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
Hi @john2910 and @ogs,

Much thanks for the info on this. Now i totally understand why i got much more mid/clarity when angling the Reactors somewhat less than 45 degrees. Some of the mid sound is definitely generated from bass ports, and positioning helps greatly improving the sounds. Also now i moved the Reactors more than 50cm from the wall, the lows and mids are also more clean. In some songs i can still notice it, but positioning really made a difference.

Would the 900 and Classic also have more bass if the volume is lower? Still try to understand how wattage would affect the audio behaviour.

Thanks,
Tony