Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reactor 900 Gets super Hot
Exclamation 
Hi Guys,

I recently purchased the Reactor 900, Im mostly happy with it. Not going to lie I have to get a second or maybe I’ll change my approach and move to the phantom for move volume. 

Here is my concern. If I play my music for a few minutes like 30 or so at 70% volume then the back of the speaker get super hot. Like could fry an egg hot. 

Have you guys experience this?

For context I listen to chart music so a lot of strong beats and bass as well. 

Márcio
Doesn't sound normal to me at all. My 600s certainly don't get that hot and I've done way over 70% for way longer than 30 mins..
D200. B&W CM10S2. ROON over AIR for Tidal. Chromecast Audio thru SPDIF for Spotify Connect. Technics SL-1200, Ortofon 2M Bronze. 2x Reactor 600 as desktop monitors. Head/earphones: Denon AH-D5000, Campfire Andromeda S.
Something’s wrong.

Unless you live in a very hot environment or the speaker is set in a place with no air convection, it shouldn’t get so hot.
Mine becomes a little warm on the back and that’s it. We’re in April and clearly at home is around 21 Celsius. It might be slightly different when you have 30 degrees inside your flat.
I would say that the temperature in the room is on a average 22c not hotter here it’s the U.K.

I did reach to Divialet and they claiming that it’s quite normal. My concern is that a couple days ago it got hot enough and it even was smelling.

These bad boys are meant to be able to play at 100 with no distortion but currently I’m not confident to pay at more than 70% for more than 30-40 minutes.

It’s under warranty so part of me is thinking, if it goes bang it goes bang.
(05-Apr-2020, 19:15)Marcio_Atouguia Wrote: I would say that the temperature in the room is on a average 22c not hotter here it’s the U.K. 

I did reach to Divialet and they claiming that it’s quite normal. My concern is that a couple days ago it got hot enough and it even was smelling.

These bad boys are meant to be able to play at 100 with no distortion but currently I’m not confident to pay at more than 70% for more than 30-40 minutes.

It’s under warranty so part of me is thinking, if it goes bang it goes bang.

I think Devialet CS is underestimating. You might have a “bugged” product. 
I would insist above all if you say it was smelling too. It might goes bang or, even worse, it might catch fire...in case it is a damaged unit.
I’ll reach out to them see what they say. I’m now concerned that the little reactor might not be the right speaker
Do you have a digital thermometer ? Collecting some actual temperatures and relaying that to Devialet might help clarify things.
iMac 2021, Roon, home wifi, Devialet Phantom I x 2