Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reactor (new) vs Classic (used)
Hello. Wanting to add a Phantom to my office. . .was set to buy the new Reactor but found a used Classic for just a bit more (also comes with the Devialet Care). Office is about 15x15 . .thoughts? The Classic may be too large? Any new tech in the Reactor that makes its better for my needs?

Thanks.
The way these products are positioned now the Premier line is more of a permanent placement solution for big rooms and pure sound. And the Reactor is more of a movable product for small rooms (with capabilities to handle big rooms).

You’re getting a dedicated mid range driver on the Classic which doesn’t exist on the Reactors. You’ll also get a broader frequency range. 16Hz to 25,000KHz. Whereas Reactor is 18Hz to 21,000KHz.

I would say Reactor will be more than enough for small to medium rooms. Especially the Reactor 900.

I’d look at it like. 600: Small room. 900: Medium room. Classic: Medium to large room. Silver: Large to extra large. Gold: Extra large, and even a whole concert hall if you really wanted to. Outrageously loud those things are.
Devialet Phantom (White)
(16-Nov-2018, 14:19)actx76092 Wrote: Hello.  Wanting to add a Phantom to my office. . .was set to buy the new Reactor but found a used Classic for just a bit more (also comes with the Devialet Care).  Office is about 15x15 . .thoughts?  The Classic may be too large?  Any new tech in the Reactor that makes its better for my needs?

Thanks.

The reactor is perfect for small rooms or offices. It can sit on your desk. The Phantom Classic will put out too much bass in a small room, the listening position cannot be as close. Best of all, the reactor is so light you can carry it anywhere after work, like your swimming pool (my home office is near the swimming pool). And if need be, it can also be as loud as needed for a "pool party". Also it is more convenient to set up and use than the classic: you can pause, go to next track or set the volume, as well as connect it to a smartphone or PC, just by touching the sensitive commands on top of the speaker.
2 phantom Gold
2 phantom Reactor
Dione soundbar
Spotify connect 
Apple music
Audirvana 3.5.44 for Mac
(23-Nov-2018, 11:36)eniriop Wrote:
(16-Nov-2018, 14:19)actx76092 Wrote: Hello.  Wanting to add a Phantom to my office. . .was set to buy the new Reactor but found a used Classic for just a bit more (also comes with the Devialet Care).  Office is about 15x15 . .thoughts?  The Classic may be too large?  Any new tech in the Reactor that makes its better for my needs?

Thanks.

The reactor is perfect for small rooms or offices. It can sit on your desk. The Phantom Classic will put out too much bass in a small room, the listening position cannot be as close. Best of all, the reactor is so light you can carry it anywhere after work, like your swimming pool (my home office is near the swimming pool). And if need be, it can also be as loud as needed for a "pool party". Also it is more convenient to set up and use than the classic: you can pause, go to next track or set the volume, as well as connect it to a smartphone or PC, just by touching the sensitive commands on top of the speaker.

I’d agree with that.
Although the bass on the Reactor is as impactful as the other Phantom. It just doesn’t play as loud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Devialet Phantom (White)