Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reactor vs. Akoya
What's your thoughts? Is there a chance to listen to them anywhere?
Living Room: Devialet Dione
Will be in Berlin in a couple of weeks, will listen to them there (if the time allows it).
Sad 
(06-Mar-2020, 21:44)kapri81 Wrote: Checked with Cabasse - the room calibration works only for 15Hz up to 200Hz.

Regarding delay, I am copying the answer:
For now, 300ms is the minimum you can set because it's the time needed for the sound to go from the inputs to the DSP and the amplifiers. This buffer is necessary to allows a stereo pair to be in sync, in the case of the most efficient network. If you encounter some stereo stage or phase shift problems, you can increase this buffer in order the let more time for the synchronization between the products. It goes next through the audio processing for another 100ms. This time is set because of our patented high-quality processing algorithms (equalization, compression,...). It can't be reduced without compromising the sound quality.
So, for now, the minimal throughout time is about 300ms.

We are currently actively working on a way to a have a "direct" communication between the Aux inputs (Optical - RCA) and the DSP without the sync stage, so its latency could be reduced to only roughly the 100ms needed for processing. This also means that the inputted signal should be separated beforehand when using a pair (no stereo-streaming possible).
This option should be available quite soon but given it's still in development and need to go through all the firmware tests, it could take some weeks before public releasing.

Thank you, most helpful. This dampens my enthusiasm for TV use. 300ms seems to be too much. Confusing with the 200ms choice in the app, though. If only my local dealer would connect a stereo pair to a TV, but they always demo speakers as a traditional hi-fi setup. It isn’t 2020 yet in that store. [Image: sad.gif]
Good point is that they are working on a solution to bring it down to 100ms.
(07-Mar-2020, 20:47)kapri81 Wrote: Good point is that they are working on a solution to bring it down to 100ms.

Do you know what the general perception of Cabasse is regarding software? I find it hard to get a grasp of their standing, since much of the communication from Cabasse and between users is in French. Cabasse is not a household name here in Norway.
I know Cabasse longer than Devialet, and they are common in High-End fields.

Particularly for speakers like the Cabasse La Sphère.

Interestingly, they were acquired by AwoX - a company dedicated to Internet of Things and Smart Home Solutions.
It looks like this was a good combination, since they kept Cabasse doing their thing (building High-End speakers), but helped them with the software / IT sector (which, looking at the comments in this forum, Devialet is struggling with).

So I am getting more and more interested in the Akoya.
Don't know if this is helpful. Youtube can translate with captions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lU7pI_bv3A
Living Room: Devialet Dione
Here is a review (german language).

In a nutshell:

Devialet Reactor 900
/ incredible bass
/ good for Trap / Hip-Hop music
/ not really a HiFi speaker
/ app is not that easy to use (compared to Cabasse app)

Cabasse Pearl Akoya
/ room calibration
/ also good bass, but sound is more HiFi capable
/ app is easier to use

2 reviews from STEREO (German HiFi magazine).

Cabasse Pearl Akoya 
Sound rating: 77%
Price/performance: 5 out of 5 stars

Devialet Phantom Reactor 900
Sound rating: 67%
Price/performance: 4 out of 5 stars
Sound test:
Devialet Phantom Gold vs Cabasse THE PEARL vs Cabasse THE PEARL Akoya

His verdict (in German):
First place: THE PEARL, second: THE PEARL Akoya, third: Devialet Phantom Gold
He sees the Phantom to be more of a party speaker, not real high fidelity.