Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reactors for deejaying
FYI, anything up to 10ms would be deemed acceptable, but even then, a true professional would notice that it *feels* wrong. The software I use, Serato, default to 5ms latency. That feels good to me.
Thank you, learnt something new today. I asked the questions out of curiosity, can never be a DJ...
(11-Oct-2019, 03:16)booshtukka Wrote: You need custom install mode for reliability. But if you were using the smaller latency mode, this depends on your definition of DJing.

For me, DJing is a performance art. I might be scratching, triggering samples, and so on. For that, I need instant response or it becomes impossible.

If I'm mixing two songs together, I would listen to the incoming song on headphones (with zero latency) while listening to the current song out of speakers (with 60ms of latency). I would time these perfectly together, then fade in the new song (mass simplification, but hopefully you get the idea). If the speakers have a slight delay then when I bring the new song in, they will be out of time by 60ms.

Imagine trying to play a piano where every time you press a key, the sound didn't occur until 60ms later. It would be awful. This is the same.
Thanks!, and what about using ableton live? 
i mean mixing tracks with ableton is sync by the software
It depends how much you care about the speakers reacting to what you're doing. Personally, I find the lag a dealbreaker. Whenever I made a change in Ableton, I wouldn't hear the change for 60ms. Try using Ableton with bluetooth headphones. If you find that acceptable, you'll probably cope with the lag.
(10-Oct-2019, 00:49)Juanbk Wrote: Can i properly dj?

Hi, old thread now so this tip may not be helpful at all. The Phantom II Custom (was Reactor Custom) has close to zero latency. This is not stated in the specification, but a user here at DC, @mcallega uses the Custom in his Home Theatre setup and tells us this. https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Phantom-...uggestions

Take a look if you're still interested...
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB