Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reactors out of sync
Hey guys, after coming back home from holidays I've been struggling to get my Reactors back in sync and it drives me absolutely nuts.

They are both connected to the same power strip and both are connected to my router via Ethernet so pretty much best case scenario. Tried resetting and restarting them both a couple of times, they occasionally snap back into sync (voices coming nicely from the center) but immediately fall out of sync again. Anyone has a secret recipe before I contact Devialet?
D200. B&W CM10S2. ROON over AIR for Tidal. Chromecast Audio thru SPDIF for Spotify Connect. Technics SL-1200, Ortofon 2M Bronze. 2x Reactor 600 as desktop monitors. Head/earphones: Denon AH-D5000, Campfire Andromeda S.
I had the same thing happen to a pair of reactor 900w about a week ago in the same power/Ethernet setup. I’ve tried power cycling them as well as factory reset them twice with no fix. I opened a ticket with devialet last week but they’ve yet to respond.  If I get any further I’ll let you know!
Cheers,
Andy
You need to disconnect the Ethernet cables, resync them, and once it's done you can plug the Ethernet cables back in. Takes 2 minutes max.
Qobuz/Sonos/D200/GT1 SE (offered to my father, who enjoys it every day)
2 Phantom Reactor 600 and Spotify Premium
I’ve had the same issue. The right reactor (that is not connected to optical) keeps going silent. Power cycling it brings it back to life. I’ll try resyncing without ethernet tonight.

So annoying that the app doesn’t show which syncing method it’s currently using nor that there’s even a problem.
(29-Aug-2019, 08:06)booshtukka Wrote: I’ve had the same issue. The right reactor (that is not connected to optical) keeps going silent. Power cycling it brings it back to life. I’ll try resyncing without ethernet tonight.

So annoying that the app doesn’t show which syncing method it’s currently using nor that there’s even a problem.
I had the same issue, fixed that by setting PLC mode only and having both connected on the same power line. After that the one without optical have been always ok.
(28-Aug-2019, 23:00)Teliaved Wrote: You need to disconnect the Ethernet cables, resync them, and once it's done you can plug the Ethernet cables back in. Takes 2 minutes max.

Tried that, no success. 

It‘s mind-boggling to me how this just happens after months of no problems  Huh
D200. B&W CM10S2. ROON over AIR for Tidal. Chromecast Audio thru SPDIF for Spotify Connect. Technics SL-1200, Ortofon 2M Bronze. 2x Reactor 600 as desktop monitors. Head/earphones: Denon AH-D5000, Campfire Andromeda S.
(29-Aug-2019, 09:34)WesCrackin Wrote:
(28-Aug-2019, 23:00)Teliaved Wrote: You need to disconnect the Ethernet cables, resync them, and once it's done you can plug the Ethernet cables back in. Takes 2 minutes max.

Tried that, no success. 

It‘s mind-boggling to me how this just happens after months of no problems  Huh

*Update, did exactly that again twice and stereo is back in sync. Seems very random to me. Hopefully won't happen too often..
I have to report back with the same problem happening again came home after the weekend and they are both playing together but it sounds like they are both playing in mono. No soundstage. I basically can't rely on my Reactors to still be in synced stereo after they are powered off and back on. Contacting Devialet now.
Dev support answer (will check over the weekend):

According to our engineer team, Wifi 5GHz is more stable compared to the ethernet cable. Due to the reason, please follow the process below.

Factory reset (simply press the back button for 7 sec)
After that, please take out your ethernet cable
Then reset your reactor on your App.
※Please try to connect your one reactor first then add the other one as a stereo
Wait, wifi is more stable than ethernet? Is that not completely insane?