Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom Warranty Transfer?
If I picked up a couple of preowned Phantoms, does the warranter follow the speakers, or is it only for the first owner?  

Thanks!
Curious about the same thing... Bueller?
I found a little something on the subject while submitting a request to Devialet. Popped up in the menu while going thru their phone tree form. It says that when buying a set second hand, one would need the original sales receipt as well as one for the second hand purchase. Whatever that means. I’ve asked for clarification. Hopefully doesn’t mean only honored when purchasing authorized dealer trade-ins...
It seems reasonable for Devialet to require proof of date of the original sale, otherwise how would they know whether the claim is within the warranty period?
Agreed. My quibble is with the secondhand purchase bill of sale. Of course, it could simply be a chain of provenence thing...
Here’s what I received from Devialet customer service (they are remarkably prompt, although there seems to be a little language barrier that requires a bit more back and forth):

“I would advise to make sure the second hand Phantom is sold with its invoice if you plan on benefitting from the 2-years manufacturer's warranty.

If the Phantom fails outside of the warranty period, Devialet is still responsible - if the damage is due to use, not to manufacturing - then a "repair" counter part can be offered in some cases.”

So it would appear that you would need ONLY the original owner’s original sales invoice for the warranty to transfer. And it would appear that there may even be coverage beyond the 2 years for a manufacturing defect - although determining that may be subject to interpretation. I did press him on the “repair counter part” for those unfortunate instances of physical damage or use/abuse beyond 2 years and his response:

“There is a "repair" process - it's actually an exchange that's available for 1.050,00 USD”

So it sounds as if there is indeed a discounted exchange program - likely returned/refurbished product. I pressed further if this amount was different for different models. It appears that it is the same for all models. His response:

“To my understanding, the "repair" is worth on all three models.”