Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Received my Gemini today! - first impressions
Got mine a week ago. Love the sound. Struggling with the fit. They won't stay in. Use medium, but I have to sit completely still and no facialexpressions or the will fall out. I also have hell going from iPhone 12 til MacBook.
Anyone tried different tips then original?
I found a tip for the dump, I put it in the bugs post. At home it works. If the led lights up white with the case closed, an earphone has turned on in the charger!
Wow! Thanks all for the reviews/impressions!
I've been looking hard at these but this seems like a repeat of every Devialet product.
Brilliant hardware but with buggy, less baked software.
I think I'm going to wait to part with my hard earned until they fix these connection issues.
Another update....

Love the sound, just dealing with the bugs and hoping for an effective update soon.

I got my expert pro 440 just a few months ago....so it had been out for years and had zero issues.  BUT I get the moaning and groaning I read on the forums.  I can't imagine paying $20k for a piece of hardware with so many bugs/issues and waiting months to years to get addressed.

The investment on these was smaller....and I'm honestly shocked that they were released with some of these bugs.

What did they do, connect to ONE android phone ONE time, and say it works?

The sound is PHENOMENAL...which is why I keep putting up with the bugs.

Some days are better than others.

Still have big battery drain issues.  I will make sure they are at 99-100% at night before I go to bed, ready for the next day.  I will close the case, turn bluetooth off on my phone...and go upstairs where there is NO way they can connect.  In the morning, more often than not, I have 1 or both buds at 0% or huge battery drain.  No idea how to fix it.

Now I get up and see where they are at before I start the day. 

Just super annoying that they don't disconnect the moment they hit the case.  My galaxy buds are amazing at that.  They pop right in, and disconnect instantly. 

Also, on many occasions, it take 10-20 times of picking it up, putting it in for it to seat and start charging. 

Please Devialet...fix these issues! 

It shouldn't be that hard to fix some of these. 

Software should be able to make it so the moment the open case starts to close, that it cuts off the connection.  Not when the case 'cracks' open. 

Just being patient and hoping they have an effective update here soon.
-----
MAIN: Devialet Expert Pro 440, KEF R11, JL Audio Fathom 112v2, Niagara 1200, Audioquest Monsoon, NRG-Z3 cables, bi-wire Rocket 33.

BEDROOM: KEF LS-50, Nuprime IDA-16, Node 2i, JL Audio e-sub 110, Crystal Cables
GYM:  Devialet Reactor 900
EARS: Gemini on order, and custom JH Audio - JH13v2 Pro's
ROON running on 8-bay QNAP NAS for Tidal Streaming (no stored music)