Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recommendation for wireless mesh networks for reactors?
Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations/good experience with setting up/using a dedicated wireless mesh network dedicated for their reactors.  I am moving into a house and in my current setup I have my 2 x reactor 900’s connecting directly to my wireless internet modem which works fine.  However in my house I plan to have them in the basement and also I want to rmove the dependency of my wifi connection to my internet.  Ie. when my internet goes down I need to reboot my modem which results in my stereo pairing getting messed up.  Also I have a pair of golds + dialogue which I want to use a dedicated wifi network
Do you have any opportunity to use ethernet? I found them dramatically more stable at low latencies with ethernet.
I am not sure I understand your problem. I have a meshed wireless network (Netgear Orbi with two satellites) at home and the paired reactors work well, wherever they are in the house. In a home with two stories and concrete walls and floors it has solved the problems I had before when using PLC or wifi extenders (instead of connecting to a different network name each time you move from one story to another, you have a unified network name wherever you are).
2 phantom Gold
2 phantom Reactor
Dione soundbar
Spotify connect 
Apple music
Audirvana 3.5.44 for Mac
I have a meshed wireless network, a pair of gold and a pair of reactor 600. They work well on the same network in different rooms. However, I have found that if I try to plug the Golds and the Reactors on the same power strip, the Phantoms disconnect intermittently (not the reactors), unless my digital source is my Iphone connected directly to the phantoms via the airplay wifi connection (bypassing the dialog and PLC connection).
This is because both the phantoms (and dialog) and the reactors connect each other through their own PLC network (through the same power line). Conflicting PLC signals on the same powerline probably cause the problem between the phantoms and dialog PLC connection. When receiving the wifi signal directly from my Iphone to the phantom through airplay, the problem disappears. I hope that Devialet soon comes up with a common app for both the phantoms and the reactors.
2 phantom Gold
2 phantom Reactor
Dione soundbar
Spotify connect 
Apple music
Audirvana 3.5.44 for Mac