Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Recommended Phantom Demo Tracks?
(16-Jul-2015, 15:54)DATA Wrote: Jamie Woon — Shoulda
James Blake — Retrograde
James Blake — Limit To Your Love
The XX — Basic Space (Jamie xx Space Bass Mix)
Black Atlass — Paris
SBTRKT — Trials Of The Past
Ben Khan — Eden
Gil-Scott Heron — I'll Take Care Of You
Nosaj Thing — Fog
The Knife — Silent Shout
Daft Punk — Solar Sailer
Jamie XX — Sleep Sound
Emiliana Torrini — Gun
James Blake — A Case Of You
SOHN — The Chase
Woo2Tech — Don't Be Late
Dry Bolinger — Feel The Bass - Purple Disco Machine Remix
MIOIOIN — Hydrogen

Playlist: https://open.spotify.com/user/michael.sc...dG6WpuKCxj

I don't swear but WT? was that!! OMG!! - I just played James Blake — Limit To Your Love. What was that!!!. The whole house rattled and I only had it at 25. My wife who was in the kitchen couldn't hear it, but she could feel it. I've never heard or experienced anything like it before. The woofers didn't seem to dance, there was just this almost demonic base being emitted that shook the house. Incredible. Must try it higher when the neighbours are out on Saturday.
(16-Jul-2015, 22:21)stonedragon Wrote:
(16-Jul-2015, 15:54)DATA Wrote: Jamie Woon — Shoulda
James Blake — Retrograde
James Blake — Limit To Your Love
The XX — Basic Space (Jamie xx Space Bass Mix)
Black Atlass — Paris
SBTRKT — Trials Of The Past
Ben Khan — Eden
Gil-Scott Heron — I'll Take Care Of You
Nosaj Thing — Fog
The Knife — Silent Shout
Daft Punk — Solar Sailer
Jamie XX — Sleep Sound
Emiliana Torrini — Gun
James Blake — A Case Of You
SOHN — The Chase
Woo2Tech — Don't Be Late
Dry Bolinger — Feel The Bass - Purple Disco Machine Remix
MIOIOIN — Hydrogen

Playlist: https://open.spotify.com/user/michael.sc...dG6WpuKCxj

I don't swear but WT? was that!! OMG!! - I just played James Blake — Limit To Your Love. What was that!!!. The whole house rattled and I only had it at 25. My wife who was in the kitchen couldn't hear it, but she could feel it. I've never heard or experienced anything like it before. The woofers didn't seem to dance, there was just this almost demonic base being emitted that shook the house. Incredible. Must try it higher when the neighbours are out on Saturday.

Exactly my reaction, after reading of its recommendation on AVForums many months back.
It's so unexpected after the gentle opening which, at the time, had me wondering if I had selected the correct track.
I really like how Angelo Branduardi's Io canto la ragazza dalla pelle scura sounds on my Silvers. Smile
If you are using Qobuz go for the Sheffield Labs Drum and Track record and I bet you won't believe what these little babies are able to do Smile
Here's a Tidal cross-section Playlist i put together for a demo-session: https://tidal.com/playlist/79d47bde-3839...506aa420ba

Pretty much every song i know with a bit (or a bit more) of a kabaaam is in there.
I've not heard many of the list shown above but I have experienced a few of the James Blake tracks as well as some Rudimental tracks and the bass is awesome. I was surprised at some of the Goldfrapp albums, Tales of us  in particular, exceptional bass never heard before when using a series of small standmount speakers over the years. I am three weeks into Phantom ownership and am listening to more music than ever before. But there is more to the Phantom than sheer bass content. Clear, relaxing treble without a hint of digitalness; glorious explicit mid range and upper bass; and of course that bass, not just content but detail and attack. I'm hooked. Smile I dare say that upcoming dealers all over the world will be selecting thumping trouser flapping bass tracks to demo to us punters, just for visual effect. But that would be missing the point.
Wink 
ZHU - Paradise Awaits

Sounds amazing on my phantoms  Cool
2x Silver Phantom's - Firmware 1.3.0.31
Dialog - Firmware 1.3.0.30
Chrome Sparks - Marijuana

Sounds amazing on my phantoms  Cool
2x Silver Phantom's - Firmware 1.3.0.31
Dialog - Firmware 1.3.0.30
Finally got mine from the US order batch. I was initially disappointed when playing a few songs that I normally listen to. Then I recalled this thread. Some songs don't really bring out the full potential of the Phantom but many of the ones in this thread are quite impressive sounding.

So just wanted to bring this thread forward so others could enjoy and appreciate the same.
Just demoing with heavy bass tracks or electro based music is doing the Phantoms no favours, especially from a dealer point of view.
To do so will encourage a reputation that the Phantom is just a trendy lifestyle boom box speaker and not a credible HiFi option.

A broad cross section of tracks that'll show off its other talents is surely a must?
E.g. Jazz, classical, some modern recorded acoustic tracks, classic rock, modern rock, Indy, R&B etc.

A few other suggestions...
Bob Dylan - Man in the long black coat (from "Oh Mercy")
Donald Fagen - Snowbound
Hugh Masekela - Smimela (from the live album "Hope")
The Aristocrats - Flatlands
Go Go Penguin - Murmuration
Gregory Porter - Free
Gregory Porter - Issues of Life