Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recommended Transport w/CD ripping & Outboard Drive provisions
Hello,

Im a newbie to the Devialet world and Im changing my whole system to use a, new to me D200.  I want to be able to connect to it a transport that would allow me to play the CD's and rip them to a hard drive from which I can play them back latter and also play music from USB thumb drive (got a very good internet connection in my office to download hi res files for the web).  It has got to have a full resolution pass thru to the Devialet though, nothing that would down-convert it to a lower res stream.  I think something along the lines (and budget) of a NAD M50.  Any recommendations are welcome.

Thanks 

Jpr
Hi

Although it’s possible to do this, ripping cd’s CD’s from a CD player to a hard disk would be extremely tedious and time consuming.

You would need to manually enter all the track titles etc. And search for the cover art, or scan it from the sleeve.

Get yourself DB Poweramp CD ripper installed on a PC or a laptop and rip your CD’s to a hard drive. DB Poweramp will rip the entire contents at high speed, usually up to 10 times, and tag all the CD’s with Track titles, check the accuracy of the rip with an internet database and find the cover art for you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Roon Rock, Devialet 220 pro CI, Palmer 2.5 Turntable, AT OC9MLii, Classic Audio MC Pro Phono and Harbeth SHL5 Plus
It took a friend and I about 15 months to rip his 6000 CD collection. A good 10% had inaccurate meta-data - bad spelling, missed tracks, no artwork. These you have to input manually and use Google image search for covers

Then there are the CDs with defects. As the above gent says, dbPower amp can rip at up to 10X speed, then you get the difficult track where instead of taking 45 seconds, takes upwards of 15 mins. There seems no earthly reason for the awkward discs, but they appear out the blue. CDs from the 1980's, CDs a few months old

We started doing this in 2016 and have also downloaded a lot of music. Just when we had completed, along comes Tidal with HQ sound and millions of titles, for a pittance a month. Tidal account for 90% of my listening now

Read a review in a magazine. In a day or two you can get it on Tidal
                                                           Cape Town - South Africa, the home of good wine
Listening stuff:  Mercury Pi2 / Gentooplayer,  Expert 440PRO CI.  4Tb SSD.  Mogami speaker cable to ET LF8bs, B&W DB1 sub, Power from 7.5kW inverter.  2 x Dachshunds