Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remote Control Power Behaviour
Hi All,

Long time since last posting, and I've recently upgraded from a 220 pro to 440 pro - sublime!

Anyway, I'm having some issues with the power behaviour (since before upgrading to 440 BTW).

We used to switch the system on with a quick press of the power button, but now it seems to either need a long press, or two presses to power it up.

I thought it was the batteries at first so changed them, and it's still the same, and we haven't got a large room, but it seems to behave like this more when the remote control is further away - however other than power, the remote functions perfectly.

I tried this morning by standing near to the system and with a quick press of the power button, the system switched on!

I found another thread that made reference to a short press from standby or a long press from off to switch the system on, but I can't see anything about standby power modes in the configurator!

Please help answer what is probably a very stupid question!

Thanks,

Nick
I've got a 440 Pro which is really made up of two 220 Pros and thus 2 remotes.

The Configurator does provide a setting for two remotes instead of just one in the Remote Settings. Not sure if that's your case.

I find that a single short press of the remote power button should wake both Master & Companion. A long press will put both to sleep - meaning that the displays on both go completely off.

There is also a setting in the Configurator General Settings Power Savings that can set a time delay for low power settings and sleep settings to kick in once you stop playing music. Or disable either or both.

Hope that helps. I will say that when my batteries were getting low, I was also seeing erratic behavior when using the power button.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
I make it a point to replace the 3 x AAA cells once in 6 months (well before erratic behaviour sets in). I have had excessive battery usage (batteries dying within a month) with my Remote Unit and had sent it to Devialet France. They replaced the internal PCB & now seems fine.
Roon Nucleus w/ Hypsos PSU & AQ Tornado + Roon RAAT  >  AQ Diamond ETH > etherREGEN using SFP + Hypsos PSU | CEC TL-5 CD Transport + AQ Z3 + 3 x Orea Indigo > AQ Diamond AES/EBU 
Devialet 440-Pro CI >  AQ Wel Sig  RCA-XLR | 6 x Orea Bronze, 2 x Synergistic Research Atmosphere PC | B&W 802 D3 {Bi-wired}  >  AQ WEL Signature (Biwire)
REL G1-Mk2 pair | PS Audio PP 12 + AQ NRG-1000 | Puritan GroundMaster + RouteMaster | SAM DISABLED - DPM OFF - Northern Virginia - US
Hi Both,

Many thanks for your comments, and it appears to be as simple as replacing the batteries again.

We bought a new pack last night and the remote appears to be working properly.

The batteries I originally replaced must have been in the drawer for a long time, and on their way out already.

If it does start playing up again quickly, I’ll try the remote from the second 220.

Both low power and standby settings are disabled, and always have been, by the way.

I may enable the auto standby function though, as I the display set to auto dim so could be a chance of leaving it switched on.

Thanks once again.

Nick