Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remote app
Got my 220 back from having the upgrade last week, the remote app on the iPad worked first time then  the next day I couldn’t get the app to connect or see the 220 so I deleted the app with a view to re install the app on the iPad, I can’t find the app on App Store to use. Has it been deleted from the App Store?
It seems to be still there as an iPhone app named "Devialet Expert Remote". (Did it ever get properly re-worked for iPad? I suspect not.)
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
kompressor,

I believe that a recent change to iTunes removed the purchase and management of iDevice apps has been removed from the iTunes store on your computer. Mobile apps are now handled exclusively from the device itself. Try the App Store App on the iPad itself. It will, I believe, show up there.

I find this change a bit annoying, but that is the way they are handling mobile Apps now.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
Good point, Damon. This change came in with iTunes 12.7; I am using a not-very-well publicised version (12.6.3) of iTunes that still supports app purchasing and management but stops OS X from nagging about upgrading to 12.7. It is possible to go back from 12.7 to 12.6.3, although it needs a bit of fiddling - please PM me if you'd like me to send details.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(22-Jan-2018, 20:37)thumb5 Wrote: It seems to be still there as an iPhone app named "Devialet Expert Remote".  (Did it ever get properly re-worked for iPad?  I suspect not.)

Yes, @thumb5, your suspicions are confirmed but if you are using an iPad, open the App Store app, and in the top left click on "filter".  In the drop down menu under "supports", choose "iPhone only" then download the Devialet Remote onto your iPad.
Open the app and choose "2x" in the circle on the bottom right of the screen. This magnifies the app to maximum.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Yes can see it working on my iphone, prefer on the ipad though so will try later what is suggested. Bit annoying that Devialet doesn't have a decent working app.
Hi compressor, the app works fine! Would have liked to send a picture with Devialet Expert in progress, but my expert is currently vacationing in France! Big Grin

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
K4680 that's the message I get when I open the app, used to work but not any more. All connected to the network.
(24-Jan-2018, 14:41)kompressor Wrote: K4680 that's the message I get when I open the app, used to work but not any more. All connected to the network.
Hi compressor, the message comes only if the devialet is not connected to the network. I have an Ethernet connection and no more problems, except for a single time, a port of the switch was broken!
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
I have the same ploblem that you show When i try too use my ipad i get a message that say devialet and ipad not was on the same network , i try too chance my internet cable from devialet too my router ,and the ploblem dissapere , now i Can use my ipad agin.
AVM  8.3  Rosso volterra 2 ,speaker cable and other cable audio note , turntable tt2 de luxe , caridge clearaudio carisma mm, primare bd mrk 2 shyunata power generator,