Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remote constantly disconnecting DOS2
Anyone having problems with there Remote constantly disconnecting on DOS2?
Yes I had this. It combined, perhaps coincidentally, with the stereo sync issue.

Firmware from Devialet 2.8.5 so far managed to resolve this for me.

What firmware version your phantoms in? Ask for the above from them as may help you if not on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(19-Dec-2019, 13:40)frogster99 Wrote: Anyone having problems with there Remote constantly disconnecting on DOS2?

Hi, anyone with Remote pairing issues figure out the trick to pair the Remote with DOS2?

It was initially working after the upgrade but after a series of resets today can not get it to pair.
Changed the batteries.
See a fast blinking light when its shaken. (vs a slow fading light)
running FW 2.8.5

regards
scott=
(08-Jan-2020, 08:13)scotthar Wrote:
(19-Dec-2019, 13:40)frogster99 Wrote: Anyone having problems with there Remote constantly disconnecting on DOS2?

Hi, anyone with Remote pairing issues figure out the trick to pair the Remote with DOS2?

It was initially working after the upgrade but after a series of resets today can not get it to pair.
Changed the batteries.
running FW 2.8.5

regards
scott=

You are holding the remote upside down on top of the Phantom? (I always use the Left one but don't know if that matters)  In typical Devialet fashion this detail is not mentioned in the knowledgeable article but is mentioned in the instruction video on Vimeo.
(08-Jan-2020, 08:13)scotthar Wrote:

Changed the batteries.
running FW 2.8.5

regards
scott=

I'm in the same boat as you Scott.  I do recall the remote briefly working at first, but now I can't get the remote to pair at all.  I'm on FW 2.8.5 as well.

Between not having the optical input function and the remote not pairing my user experience is by far worse with DOS2.
(08-Jan-2020, 08:13)scotthar Wrote: Hi, anyone with Remote pairing issues figure out the trick to pair the Remote with DOS2?

Changed the batteries.
running FW 2.8.5

regards
scott=

Yes, same issue. Couldn't make my remote connect for several days. It worked for 1-2 days after the upgrade and then suddenly stopped to work. Now I changed the batteries back and forth and it suddenly worked again. Since I made it work, it continued to work without issues.
if i disconnect all bluetooth devices (from the devices themselves turning off the bluetooth) Then activating the bluetooth within the devialet app, then pair the remote it works until i connect a device via bluetooth again.
Volume control for me works on an Optical source, but doesn’t attenuate volume for an Airplay source. I sent a ticket in and was told a fix was forthcoming. I’m currrently running 2.8.5.
(10-Jan-2020, 01:14)vaguedetails Wrote: Volume control for me works on an Optical source, but doesn’t attenuate volume for an Airplay source. I sent a ticket in and was told a fix was forthcoming. I’m currrently running 2.8.5.

My remote stopped working and I had intermittent occasions where one speaker would drop off, which could then be reactivated by tapping on it in the app where it would make a cymbal type of sound then rejoin the party. After a lot of pestering by me devialet pushed the 2.9.0-beta2 firmware to my system. The remote has paired ok and works now, but I haven’t had it long enough to see if the other issue is resolved yet. I will report back either way in a week.
Kit: 2 x Devialet Phantom Gold’s plus 3 year Phantom care packs, White tree stands, Dialog, Phantom Remote. Use jRiver, Spark, Roon with a HiFiBerry RAAT using a fibre output.
(14-Jan-2020, 20:53)pscampbe Wrote: After a lot of pestering by me devialet pushed the 2.9.0-beta2 firmware to my system. The remote has paired ok and works now, but I haven’t had it long enough to see if the other issue is resolved yet. I will report back either way in a week.
Please do keep us informed. And did you get an indication of when 2.9 will come out and what it contains?