Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remote constantly disconnecting DOS2
(16-Jan-2020, 06:03)Snoopy8 Wrote: And did you get an indication of when 2.9 will come out and what it contains?

If 2.9.0 is at Beta 2 stage it should be out within a few weeks.  In any normal company that is.  Given Devialet's track record however I would say all bets are off.  Let's just hope it's stable when it gets here.  I think I remember reading somewhere that EQ functionality is part of this release.
(16-Jan-2020, 22:43)struts Wrote:
(16-Jan-2020, 06:03)Snoopy8 Wrote: And did you get an indication of when 2.9 will come out and what it contains?

If 2.9.0 is at Beta 2 stage it should be out within a few weeks.  In any normal company that is.  Given Devialet's track record however I would say all bets are off.  Let's just hope it's stable when it gets here.  I think I remember reading somewhere that EQ functionality is part of this release.

@struts you seem to be well informed. any idea what's coming apart from EQ functionality? AirPlay2 and / or multi-room sounds like it might warrant a major version increase / shipping a version 3.0.0.
Devialet Phantom Gold Duo | Devialet Phantom Reactor 600 Duo | 2x New Devialet Remote | 4x HiFiBerry RAAT endpoints & low-cost passive speakers — Roon Lifetime
(22-Jan-2020, 11:49)DesertEagleAZ Wrote:
(16-Jan-2020, 22:43)struts Wrote:

@struts you seem to be well informed. any idea what's coming apart from EQ functionality? AirPlay2 and / or multi-room sounds like it might warrant a major version increase / shipping a version 3.0.0.

Nope, sorry, no inside track, just regurgitating something someone who had been in contact with Devialet support reported here in another thread.  

However my own observation is that Devialet's version numbering scheme seems to be fairly conventional inasmuch as the pattern for a version number in the form X.Y.Z has been:
  • X: Significant framework/platform refresh (e.g. DOS 1->2)
  • Y: Major release, new functionality
  • Z: Patch release, no or trivial new functionality
So if they continue along this tangent we probably won't see 3.0.0 for a good while.
Had Devialet support over the phone this week.

- Remote issue should be solved with new firmware coming at the end of January
- Multi room should be solved before June (I use Roon to connect my 3 golds / 2 zones ...and it works great)
- Airplay 2 might come with Multi room but he wasn't sure...
Hello guys,
I am still using my old volume remote on my "glossy" gold Devialet.
Since a few weeks, I cannot pair the remote to the Devialet. I can see a fast blue blinking light when I touch de remote and then a slow blinking light when I turn upside down the remote near the Devialet, but without any consequences.

Does anyone has a solution for me ?
I called Devialet after sales services and they told me "buy the new one". LOL

Please help me if anyone has a solution !

Best regards,

Pol
(14-Sep-2023, 09:18)polrbt Wrote: Hello guys,
Since a few weeks, I cannot pair the remote to the Devialet. I can see a fast blue blinking light when I touch de remote and then a slow blinking light when I turn upside down the remote near the Devialet, but without any consequences.

Best regards,

Pol
Try resetting the speaker. Quite cumbersome but seems to work, mostly.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(14-Sep-2023, 12:38)ragwo Wrote:

Best regards,

Pol
Could you give me some details step by step about it ? I tried but I am not sure to do it the right way ...
(14-Sep-2023, 16:06)polrbt Wrote:
(14-Sep-2023, 12:38)ragwo Wrote:

Best regards,

Pol
Could you give me some details step by step about it ? I tried but I am not sure to do it the right way ...

I tried 2 or 3 times. Looks like it is still not responding at all when I am approaching the remote ...
Hello,
Does anyone has a clue to help me fix this problem ?
Many thanks !
UPDATE : One of my friend tried to connect the remote on his own glossy gold Devialet. And it worked !! wtf ?
Does it mean that the software on my Devialet is somehow not working properly with the remote ? Is it maybe a hardware issue ?