Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remote control & Plexamp -> only sound control
Hello

i install Plexamp on RPI4 optical linked to my Phantom 1 but when i play music, i cannot use the remote control to back/skip a track.
Only volume can be controled.
By the way, Plexamp volume control is limited to the level set by the Phantom remote.

Any idea how to sync volume and make work tracks control by the remote?

Thanks
(03-Aug-2022, 21:04)fabien44 Wrote: Hello

i install Plexamp on RPI4 optical linked to my Phantom 1 but when i play music, i cannot use the remote control to back/skip a track.
Only volume can be controled.
By the way, Plexamp volume control is limited to the level set by the Phantom remote.

Any idea how to sync volume and make work tracks control by the remote?

Thanks

HI!  no- not really possible in any reasonable way - optical is a 1 way street -  better to try an online service such as slotify or rune or upnp if that's important (disclaimer, i personally have not tried the online services in this use case but ASSUME that's the use case the remote back/next is designed around) YMMV. 

My hackaround is to use an elgato streamdeck as an 'external' physical button panel to push plugged into a PC 'media server/library/streamer'. and mash on those physical buttons to interact with the system to control Play/Pause, Back, Next, AutoDJ, Play Something Random, Volume Up/Down, and make a source selection between the Dialog and Arch.   Also have a remote app on my phone to control the library/playback (musicbee) if the buttons or remote are not near. 

regards
scott-