Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strange issue with Devialet 120 remote
Exclamation 
Hi everybody,

I bought a used Devialet 120 yesterday and everything works fine but I have to use the iPhone app to control the volume because the remote wheel is not working. To be more precise, if I turn it a lot it manages to change the volume a bit, but it's a hit and miss (more miss). The same behavior in other sections of the menus.
The thing worked flawlessly at the seller's place and he never had this issue.

I already: 

- replaced the batteries with new ones
- reset the remote by pressing all 4 buttons and paired it again 
- changed the remote count setting inside the config file from 1 to 4 
- I also thought about RF interference and switched off the WiFi network

Nothing helped.

I would be grateful for any suggestions.

Thank you very much!
I once ran into problems with the bottom sided battery cover. It did not close firmly, resulting in poor battery contact.
So, when removing the cover and ensuring good battery contact, it should work properly ... otherwise ... no idea, sorry.
(06-May-2021, 10:37)Ecki Wrote: I once ran into problems with the bottom sided battery cover. It did not close firmly, resulting in poor battery contact.
So, when removing the cover and ensuring good battery contact, it should work properly ... otherwise ... no idea, sorry.

Hi, I have tried but unfortunately that's not the problem.
Thank you for your reply anyway Smile
Did you install the Wi-Fi antenna on the Devialet unit (behind the unit)?
I once turned the knob really fast causing a malfunction in the remote. Apparently it can not handle it. I had to send it back and it was replaced.
Devialet 220 Expert Pro CI | Sonus Faber Olympica II | Crystal cable speaker cables, interlink and power cables | ROON Rock on Intel NUC | Netherlands
(06-May-2021, 16:29)daniel.avasilichioaei Wrote: Did you install the Wi-Fi antenna on the Devialet unit (behind the unit)?

No, I don't think it was in the box... I will ask the guy who sold it to me.
BTW the Wi-Fi works OK even with FLAC streaming.

Thanks
(06-May-2021, 17:16)Lilitti Wrote:
(06-May-2021, 16:29)daniel.avasilichioaei Wrote: Did you install the Wi-Fi antenna on the Devialet unit (behind the unit)?

No, I don't think it was in the box... I will ask the guy who sold it to me.
BTW the Wi-Fi works OK even with FLAC streaming.

Thanks

I wonder if the 120 comes with an antenna. probably doesn't.
Roon Nucleus w/ Hypsos PSU & AQ Tornado + Roon RAAT  >  AQ Diamond ETH > etherREGEN using SFP + Hypsos PSU | CEC TL-5 CD Transport + AQ Z3 + 3 x Orea Indigo > AQ Diamond AES/EBU 
Devialet 440-Pro CI >  AQ Wel Sig  RCA-XLR | 6 x Orea Bronze, 2 x Synergistic Research Atmosphere PC | B&W 802 D3 {Bi-wired}  >  AQ WEL Signature (Biwire)
REL G1-Mk2 pair | PS Audio PP 12 + AQ NRG-1000 | Puritan GroundMaster + RouteMaster | SAM DISABLED - DPM OFF - Northern Virginia - US
The antenna is part of the Pro CI upgrade, and the Expert series amps do not have the antenna, or the socket for it.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
Update: I opened the remote and cleaned the internal wheels, now it's working again Smile
I think there is a design flaw anyway: a small, metallic and perfectly smooth wheel rotates against a larger plastic wheel with a rubber o-ring. Even a thin layer of dirt or grease is enough to make it slide. I don't know whether it's made on purpose to avoid sudden volume increases in case one rotates the knob very quickly or simply an oversight.
It would be more functional if also the small wheel had a rubber o-ring around it.
Anyway it works now and in case it happens again it's just a 5 minutes work.
In case something similar happens to you, feel free to get in touch for guidance.