Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remove control v2
Just received my new remote v2 from Devialet direct. Works fine except for  1 issue. When using it with JRiver MC25 using wifi ,the next and previous buttons do nothing. Volume and play/pause work fine. Love the way it shows  the actual volume on the top. This remote was long overdue. It’s also much flatter since  it doesn’t have to accommodate 2xAAA batteries. It’s a sealed rechargeable unit. It has an on/off switch on the underside if you aren’t planning on using it for a while. Just annoying about the next/previous button thing. Maybe it depends on what program you are running. Maybe it works  if you use Bluetooth from a phone or some similar device. I haven’t tried that yet.
Synology DS215 NAS (2x WD RED 1Tb) > Virgin Superhub 3 > HP Pavilion X360 laptop > Phantom Reactor 600 > JRiver MC25 > JRemote > A&K AK70mkii DAP > Supra Cat8 Ethernet cable > Sony WH-1000XM4 > jar of cream v2
Update. Just connected my FiiO M6 DAP using Bluetooth and can confirm next/previous buttons on the remote work fine.
Synology DS215 NAS (2x WD RED 1Tb) > Virgin Superhub 3 > HP Pavilion X360 laptop > Phantom Reactor 600 > JRiver MC25 > JRemote > A&K AK70mkii DAP > Supra Cat8 Ethernet cable > Sony WH-1000XM4 > jar of cream v2
Still not possible to switch inputs right?
D200. B&W CM10S2. ROON over AIR for Tidal. Chromecast Audio thru SPDIF for Spotify Connect. Technics SL-1200, Ortofon 2M Bronze. 2x Reactor 600 as desktop monitors. Head/earphones: Denon AH-D5000, Campfire Andromeda S.
Not with the remote as far as i can tell. It only has 3 functions. Next, previous and play/pause. Still it’s a step up from the first one. Still very expensive for what it is to be honest. And the fact that it’s much flatter means it can’t fall over.
Thanks for your 2 cents, much appreciated.
D200. B&W CM10S2. ROON over AIR for Tidal. Chromecast Audio thru SPDIF for Spotify Connect. Technics SL-1200, Ortofon 2M Bronze. 2x Reactor 600 as desktop monitors. Head/earphones: Denon AH-D5000, Campfire Andromeda S.
I bought the new remote a week before Xmas. Certainly an welcoming upgrade from the original one. It's more responsive, and the my sister in law can't mistake it for a moisturizer jar, as she did with the old one. It was hilarious!
Today I wondered if I should buy another one, but there's been a price increase of €50, it's now €179, I paid €129. For €129 it was a no brainer, €179 not so much. Hopefully Devialet will reduce the price again.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
FWIW- The new one stayed paired and has worked every time and has a rechargeable battery.
The transport controls on the new remote are not all that useful if you use an optical input. Play/Pause only mutes the audio however, the display is worth it.

Wish the remote:

1) would provide input control
2) ability to control volume of multiple pairs from a remote.

When i use 2 pairs in 1 room i have to have two remotes, or use the app for volume control. using the app kind of negates the purpose of the remote.
Having multiple remotes one per pair make sense until they are sitting side by side on a table. and if you have two of the same remotes it could be confusing....