Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Replacing Built-In a power cable in Tree/Branch Stand?
Hello, I am a new Devialet Phantom Gold owner from South Korea and joined this forum to get an answer to my questions regarding with built-in power cable in Tree Stand.
Since they do not sell Devialet in South Korea Sad , I had to purchased a set of Phantoms from Business trip to Europe. After I brought them in Korea. Everything worked fine and I'm enjoying the incredible sound of the Phantoms. However, I regret that I couldn't get to manage buying phantom tree stand (I guess it was called "Branch?").

Since I won't go back to Europe for a while, my decision was to purchase Tree/Branch stands from US. But here is where I face the problem.
South Korea only uses 220v power plugs, which suits my set of phantoms since they are from Europe (220v cables were included).
If I order tree stands from the US, I guess it would come with the built-in power cable with 110v.

The bottom line of my question would be whether I could replace the 110v built-in cable from the tree stand with my current 220v cable.
I tried past an hour trying to find any photo or video of tree/branch stand installation, but I could not get any information on that.
Also, according to the devialet official website, power cable included in the Phantom(2m) are longer than the one with the tree/branch stand(1.5m). Thus, I am also expecting more freedom from the plugs if the cable replacement is possible.

I look forward answers from current tree stand owners or anyone who had an experience with tree stand.

Thank you so much for your time in advance!
Hi and welcome to the forum.
There's an internal power cord in the Tree connecting to the Phantom. At the bottom of the stand you can connect a cable of the length you need. The connection plug is the same kind as the one in the Phantom, a standard hifi gear/computer PSU plug.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage