Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ripping cd's
I use XLD for Mac too and find it really good (FLAC)… And MP3tag for tags + album arts, as the covers proposed by XLD are… not really good (don't be sticked to MP3 name : it works with other formats too !). I prefer to take, for example, the covers from Qobuz (good size and quality)...
I've been using dBpoweramp for years now and am very happy with it. It also uses the AccurateRip system and tagging is actually quite good, even for classical. It uses All Media Guide, GD3, MusicBrainz, and freedb. If you don't like the default tags, you can view the others and make another selection. If you edit tags, you can contribute your results to All Media Guide and freedb. The package also comes with a format converter, among other features.
(12-Jul-2014, 17:26)jjo Wrote: EAC is actually Windows only. dbPoweramp used to be windows only, but nowadays there seems to be a beta for Mac also.

You are, of course, correct. The minute I posted this I thought "maybe it's XLD that is Mac?" The curse of the TLA strikes again ....
Auralic Aries G2 > Kii Control > Kii Audio 3 BXT
(12-Jul-2014, 23:29)dannyBCN Wrote: I've been using dBpoweramp for years now and am very happy with it. It also uses the AccurateRip system and tagging is actually quite good, even for classical. It uses All Media Guide, GD3, MusicBrainz, and freedb. If you don't like the default tags, you can view the others and make another selection. If you edit tags, you can contribute your results to All Media Guide and freedb. The package also comes with a format converter, among other features.

I've tested some rippers. For classical music, I use http://www.musichi.eu
For all other music : dBpoweramp to Rip and MediaMonkey to to the clean up.
googled and found this link. In middle of converting CDs. I have used some tool in the past but not happy with the RIP quality. So its dBpoweramp and MediaMonkey are the two coming out to be good ones. Will download and try over this weekend.

I have windows laptop (HP) not sure about the CD drive it has, with these Ripping software does it matter the CD Driver thats in the laptop ?
Rock OS (Roon) on NUC 2016 Model (ETH Wired to Router) > Cat8 from Router to switch to 220Pro (CI) > RAAT/AIR > Monitor Audio PL300 II
Ipad Mini 4/iPhone for Roon Remote"
I use DBPoweramp and it does a good job in my opinion. I think if you have a fairly modern laptop then you will b ok.
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
thanks!. I was in audition mode till now (Devalet fever etc) listening to some good files downloaded from BW society or Linn label and HDtracks. Tried some old tracks, CD ripped files, i had to clear my ears just in case if i have caught cold ... Anyways.

looks like my weekend project is ON.
Rock OS (Roon) on NUC 2016 Model (ETH Wired to Router) > Cat8 from Router to switch to 220Pro (CI) > RAAT/AIR > Monitor Audio PL300 II
Ipad Mini 4/iPhone for Roon Remote"
(16-Mar-2015, 15:29)Womaz Wrote: I use DBPoweramp and it does a good job in my opinion. I think if you have a fairly modern laptop then you will b ok.

Yes: so long as the CD drive is capable of meeting the most basic spec, it won't matter what CD drive is used. dbPoweramp has excellent error correction.

Sonos Connect (W4S) > DSpeaker Antimode 2.0 > Sanders Magtech > Martin Logan Montis
Sonos Connect (W4S) > Devialet 200 > Vivid V1.5
Silver Phantoms (just the two)
London
I use dBpoweramp to rip CDs and Mediamonkey to tag and I ues its auto-arrange feature to put the files into place on the NAS and ensure everything's named correctly on there and in the right place. I quite like to merge multi-disc album sets into one though (for some bizarre reason) and give a disc number for each disc in the set but like to number the whole set sequentially, which MM can't do very well so I use Mp3tag's auto-numbering wizard for that. It's all a bit of a faff but nicely arranged! I then set the music library files to read-only to ensure no-one (me) can fiddle accidentally.
(16-Mar-2015, 17:58)Rufus McDufus Wrote: I use dBpoweramp to rip CDs and Mediamonkey to tag and I ues its auto-arrange feature to put the files into place on the NAS and ensure everything's named correctly on there and in the right place.  I quite like to merge multi-disc album sets into one though (for some bizarre reason) and give a disc number for each disc in the set but like to number the whole set sequentially, which MM can't do very well so I use Mp3tag's auto-numbering wizard for that.  It's all a bit of a faff but nicely arranged!   I then set the music library files to read-only to ensure no-one (me) can fiddle accidentally.

I thought DBPoweramp did the tagging as well. I am sure mine does as I dont use any other software. There are the odd occasion if I rip a disc then its not on the DBP database. I just wait a week or so and go back on. Will check this media monkey out
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England