Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roon
Roon and Aurilac Aries are now playing together!
Devialet may as well try and help Roon develop a native app for Spark.
Savvy users will always find a way
Superb interface and sound

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Screenshot[Image: f847b88d7522eadc40f6f92d1f46658a.jpg]

[Image: a670b3e951499252eb70c0912b36cad4.jpg]

As I can see your using a Phantom remote. Do you use a Phantom and an Expert ?

If yes, how do you integrate both systems with ROON ?

I´m searching for a ROON/Expert/Phantom/(Dialog)/Aries solution. I have bought an Aries Mini. Now it will be not ROON supported and I´am thinking about buying an Aries femto oder LE. But this would be a lot of money. Wasted money if Devialet would fix AIR and integrate ROON.
Formerly Devialet 220PRO CI, Magico A3, 2 Gold Phantoms, Dialog/Raspberry PI2 Digi+, ROON Rock NUC8i3, Bluesound Powernode 2i, B&W 607, Audirvana
No just Phantoms, you set default sound to 100 in Roon then you can use the remote to adjust.
Roon us the way to go!

No just Phantoms, you set default sound to 100 in Roon then you can use the remote to adjust.
Roon us the way to go!

How do you connect the Aries ? You use more than 1 Phantom, so you have an DIALOG - how do yo connect your Aries to the DIALOG - optical ?
Formerly Devialet 220PRO CI, Magico A3, 2 Gold Phantoms, Dialog/Raspberry PI2 Digi+, ROON Rock NUC8i3, Bluesound Powernode 2i, B&W 607, Audirvana
Guys....How funny I stumbled upon ROON first this last week and got blown away with what it could offer, watched a couple of you in depth reviews on YouTube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrRfhWcLoqA
I do listen 98% to music from streamed services, sadly Spotify lacks the Hi-res possibility but if they don't soon get their act together I WILL jump ship to Tidal or Quboz even though I'm way to deeply involved with Spotify.
Roon Seem to offer amazing features ( maybe even over the top) but for sure it looks like it is the way to go if having a large collection of music on your NAS.
I will follow this post for sure
Devialet Silver Phantoms pair + Dialog, will be connected through DSPeaker 2.0 ( DSP / Room-Correction) and hopped-up G-sonos. ( thinking of ROON) "Retiring" Goldmund / JOB225 Amp, Antony Gallo Reference 3.5. Keeping Active Bang & Olufsen Beolabs in different rooms connected to Sonos.
I use Roon with my 2 Phantoms and Dialog.

My Roon Server connects to  a Raspberry Pi 2 with a Hifiberry Digi+ board (has an optical output) connected to the optical input on the Dialog.

The Rpi2 is running Picoreplayer - https://sites.google.com/site/picoreplayer/home

Roon connects directly to the Picoreplayer using Squeezebox mode.  Upto 192/24 (which is the max the Hifiberry board and Dialog can do anyway)

The picoreplayer also runs Airplay (using shairport) simulataneously - so I can stream to the Phantoms using airplay when I'm not using Roon (for radio mostly)

Cheap solution works perfectly.

And the added bonus of not needing Spark at all - I have the Remote volume control - and I use the Volume control only app on my ipad.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Roon is impressive but it is quite expensive I think and quite a few forum readers will need Qobuz supported which seems to be "not progressing" at all (not the fault of Roon it seems)
(15-Feb-2016, 08:02)mvrlondon Wrote: My Roon Server connects to  a Raspberry Pi 2 with a Hifiberry Digi+ board (has an optical output) connected to the optical input on the Dialog.

The Rpi2 is running Picoreplayer - https://sites.google.com/site/picoreplayer/home

Roon connects directly to the Picoreplayer using Squeezebox mode.  Upto 192/24 (which is the max the Hifiberry board and Dialog can do anyway)

Have no real idea with this box really do...but it seem to be doing something quite good http://www.sonicorbiter.sonore.us/
Devialet Silver Phantoms pair + Dialog, will be connected through DSPeaker 2.0 ( DSP / Room-Correction) and hopped-up G-sonos. ( thinking of ROON) "Retiring" Goldmund / JOB225 Amp, Antony Gallo Reference 3.5. Keeping Active Bang & Olufsen Beolabs in different rooms connected to Sonos.