Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roon
I have a single non-bluetooth Silver Phantom plus Dialog.

How do I get Roon to work with my setup? There is talk about "workarounds"....

Andrew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey Andrew

I think it still needs to be via optical.

I use a Raspberry Pi with Digi+ hat to provide optical output direct into one of the Phantoms (dialog is no good at the moment)

Otherwise Sonicorbiter SE does the same thing without any mucking around with a Pi.

Alternatively you could go direct out of a PC to a USB to SPDIF converter which worked for everyone before USB became all the rage.
Guys, quick question. I'm evaluating Roon in my system, and it clearly is head and shoulders above anything else I've seen before. Now, there is one thing missing: is there any way I can have access to an EQ, or at least the Apple Units EQ? Using REW and similar software I was able to get a set of EQ settings that greatly improve the sound in my room by identifying the bass dips and highs, etc. Before using Roon I used iTunes with Pure Music, and in Pure Music I could add these settings, but I can't seem to be able to do so with Roon. Any tips?

Thanks, cheers!

L

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MBPro 2008 > Dev 120 > KEF LS50. Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina.
(21-Jun-2016, 19:20)LBameule Wrote: Guys, quick question. I'm evaluating Roon in my system, and it clearly is head and shoulders above anything else I've seen before. Now, there is one thing missing: is there any way I can have access to an EQ, or at least the Apple Units EQ? Using REW and similar software I was able to get a set of EQ settings that greatly improve the sound in my room by identifying the bass dips and highs, etc. Before using Roon I used iTunes with Pure Music, and in Pure Music I could add these settings, but I can't seem to be able to do so with Roon. Any tips?

Thanks, cheers!

Quick answer - https://community.roonlabs.com/

Wink