Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roon 1.7 "Vālence" is out
Another major upgrade from Roon!

They keep improving their already excellent product.

Don't you wish Devialet are this progressive?
Kondo Overture PM-2i, Weiss DAC502, LP12 Haben, Aro, Keel, Radikal, Urika, EMT JSD6, Phasemation PP-300/T-300, Linn Krystal, Penaudio Serenade Signature

Kondo Operia SPs 2.7, KSL-VzII, Acz-Avocado, etc.

Yes. :-)
Hi, Roon Nucleus+ and iPad SW updated! Runs error free for 5 hours! Have the feeling, the search, etc. is faster. Rolleyes
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
Lifetime subscription is now 699,- though.
Still no room correction and the mobile app is still far away from Tidal or Spotify UX.
(21-Nov-2019, 05:46)agentsmith Wrote: Another major upgrade from Roon!

Not sure if you are a member on the RoonLabs forum?

https://community.roonlabs.com

There was a recent thread "Is Roon dying?". It eventually had to be locked by the moderators as it received thousands of complaints and speculations of Roonlabs being in the mids of collapsing.

Don't for a minute think that the Roon community complains less about Roon than what this Devialet group complains over its products  Angel

Devialet 440PRO CI/ Mola Mola Tambaqui + Kalugas / Vivid Audio Giya G2
Cape Town, South Africa
(21-Nov-2019, 21:07)markush Wrote: Still no room correction and the mobile app is still far away from Tidal or Spotify UX.
You mean no 'native' room correction? Why would you want that? Accourate, HAF, Audiolense and the others make excellent filters for convolution. If you said 'no VST support' (with Dirac in mind) I could agree more with you... but It takes a long time to do RC right. I hope Roon avoids that and uses their time on other things.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(21-Nov-2019, 21:57)ogs Wrote:
(21-Nov-2019, 21:07)markush Wrote: Still no room correction and the mobile app is still far away from Tidal or Spotify UX.
You mean no 'native' room correction? Why would you want that? Accourate, HAF, Audiolense and the others make excellent filters for convolution. If you said 'no VST support' (with Dirac in mind) I could agree more with you... but It takes a long time to do RC right. I hope Roon avoids that and uses their time on other things.

Yep exactly had Dirac in mind. With their 2.0 evolution they are doing a great job.
Sure Roon should stick to their core competencies but VST support should be offered.
(21-Nov-2019, 21:15)Drifter Wrote:
(21-Nov-2019, 05:46)agentsmith Wrote: Another major upgrade from Roon!

Not sure if you are a member on the RoonLabs forum?

https://community.roonlabs.com

There was a recent thread "Is Roon dying?". It eventually had to be locked by the moderators as it received thousands of complaints and speculations of Roonlabs being in the mids of collapsing.

Don't for a minute think that the Roon community complains less about Roon than what this Devialet group complains over its products  Angel
Yes, but the major difference on the Roon forum is that they actually listen to their users and do something to fix the problems. Also, Danny the Roon CEO is an active participant on the forum.
Will we ever get any feedback on here from the Devialet CEO? I seriously doubt it!
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(22-Nov-2019, 08:57)Axel Wrote: Yes, but the major difference on the Roon forum is that they actually listen to their users and do something to fix the problems. Also, Danny the Roon CEO is an active participant on the forum.
Will we ever get any feedback on here from the Devialet CEO? I seriously doubt it!

I completely agree. Devialet even forbids employees to participate on forums. One-way communication on Twitter/Facebook etc. is their style - probably to avoid/ignore comments from users. Most of what Devialet posts on their own web is 'Closed for comments' too.
If, on the other hand, Devialet did the 'right things' most of the time they wouldn't need to fear customer feedback so much.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
I had one occasion where a new release crashed my Roon.

I reported it and they responded almost immediately, and released a patched version in an hour or so.

In terms of customer service and responsiveness, Devialet can not even start to compare.
Kondo Overture PM-2i, Weiss DAC502, LP12 Haben, Aro, Keel, Radikal, Urika, EMT JSD6, Phasemation PP-300/T-300, Linn Krystal, Penaudio Serenade Signature

Kondo Operia SPs 2.7, KSL-VzII, Acz-Avocado, etc.