Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roon 1.7 "Vālence" is out
(23-Nov-2019, 13:48)agentsmith Wrote:
I had one occasion where a new release crashed my Roon.

I reported it and they responded almost immediately, and released a patched version in an hour or so.

In terms of customer service and responsiveness, Devialet can not even start to compare.

Then you should report the Roon bug, annoying customers since many months - maybe you got more luck than dozens of users reporting before or even the Room CEO himself Wink
I updated to Roon 1.7 at the weekend. I have not had much time to try many of the new features, but I have used the new "Live Radio" feature. This is excellent I think. It provides a very easy way to browse and try lots of available internet radio stations, plus there are some internet radio stations that I previously had set up in Roon, and somehow Roon's Live Radio had found and listed the same radio stations, but at a higher bit rate / quality than the url's that I had previously saved. Easy to use, great sound quality, good work Roon!
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
I jumped onto Roon shortly after having bought my first Expert 200 (now 440 Pro). I continue to be extremely impressed with the level of evolution of Roon and their will willingness to engage with their customers via their forums. Devialet, however, seems to have gone in exactly the opposite direction. For me now, Roon is that cornerstone piece of my music listening that I cannot be without. Devialet... not so much.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
New: 25.11.2019

Roon 1.7 (Build 505) Is Live!
Release Notes
Roon Build 505 is now rolling out for macOS, Windows, Windows (64 Bit), and Linux. Updated versions of Roon for Android and iOS have been submitted to their respective App Stores and will be available as soon as they are approved. There is no update for Roon Bridge at this time.

All platforms and apps should update automatically.

Improvements and Bug Fixes for Build 505:
Audio buffering improvements
Lighter font weight
Fixed crash when editing part of a multi-level composition using 3 dots button
Improved OpenGL compatibility with older video cards on Windows (such as Mobility Radeon 4000 series)
Mobile: Fixed refresh and navigation buttons on Qobuz and TIDAL browser
Internet Radio: Fixed bad help text and errors messages
Possible fix for color issues on Intel Sandy Bridge iGPUs
Overview reloads properly when switching profiles
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
I found the SQ with my system actually ticked up a bit after the update.  Anyone else?
Devialet Expert 220 Pro Kinki EX-M7 power amp tethered to a fiber-fed Lumin X1 streamer via Grimm XLRs, Vivid B1 Decade speakers in Rosso Barchetta red (only 200 produced in a limited edition), Roon Nucleus with a Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD, etherREGEN switch fed by a Sonore opticalModule (and Sonore-supplied transceivers and 1M optical cable) with a SOtM dCBL-Cat7 cable to my Nucleus and a DH Labs Reunion Cat8 to my Lumin T2 streamer, Keces P8 linear power supply feeding a (to come) NUC and EtherREGEN switch with an external AfterDark OCXO clock., and opticalModule (5V/1A), AudioQuest Niagara 1000 power conditioner, ASI LiveLine loom (purchased directly from Franck Tchang when I lived in France), Less Loss Firewall for Speakers and Roon lifetime license with Tidal streaming.
New Release

Roon 1.7 (Build 555) Release Notes
Roon Build 555 is now rolling out for macOS, Windows, Windows (64 Bit), Roon OS and Linux. There are no updates for Android or iOS at this time.

This release addresses an issue that emerged over the last few days which was causing issues communicating with TIDAL’s servers and loading favorites.

Improvements and Bug Fixes for Build 555:
Fixed issues loading Favorites in TIDAL Browser

Installation without problems! Wink
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria