Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roon Shows Connection But No Music
Hi all

This is my first post here. Hello!

I have a Macbook pro with Roon and an Expert 200.

My Roon app shows the signal path as good with purple lights at all stages.

Despite things seeming ok in roon and assuming the Air software is running as Roon says the 200 is playing, we get no sound from the 200.

Can anyone help me to work this out, please?

I am not very technically inclined with IT so hopefully we can work this out.

Cheers
Welcome to the forum!

Just to rule out some obvious things: as this is your first post, I wonder whether you've bought the 200 recently. Have you been able to play music with it using other sources?

If the 200's USB input is enabled you could perhaps connect it directly to the Mac with a USB cable. Roon should then see it as a USB device (zone); does it play OK if you select that zone?

One other quick test you could do with either AIR or USB input: press the right-hand button on the remote control for a couple of seconds until the info display appears on the 200. Pressing the same button (quickly) several times will cycle through the display screens until you get to a graphical input level meter. When Roon is playing music, do you see a signal on that meter?
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
Ok, thanks for the replies.
I have had the unit for under a year.
I have had Air playing bfore.
I updated the config to ensure 200 and mac are on the same network
The Air icon in the top bar of the macbook is looking a little greyed out and my device does not appear as on.Underneath the words
"Disable Dvialet Air" is only
Settings
About
Quite
You haven't answered slaw's questions about how your 200 is connected (ethernet or wifi) and what is displayed on the window on the top of your 200. That information could help.

Since you're seeing the Air icon on AIR icon on the top bar of your MacBook I'm going to ask another question: do you have the Devialet AIR app installed on your MacBook?

If you do and you have Devialet AIR showing in Roon's Audio settings, then I would suggest trying the following:

- delete the Devialet AIR app on the MacBook, You do not need Devialet's app if you're using Roon's version of AIR. Move the Devialet app to your trash and then restart the MacBook.

- open the Roon app on the MacBook after the restart. Go to the Settings menu in Roon and check that your 200 is showing as an endpoint and that it is active.

- mow try playing some music. You may need to increase the volume on your amp if you're using the amp's default volume setting of -40 dB.

If you now get music then the problem was probably that you also had Devialet's app active on the MacBook. Were you using it before getting Roon? You no longer need the Devialet app running on your MacBook if you're using Roon and there can be problems if you have the Devialet app active as well as Roon. If everything is working fine without the Devialet app, then you can delete if from your trash and forget it. Just use AIR from within Roon.

If that doesn't work, let us know and also tell us how you're connected and what the window on the top of your 200 shows.

Also, if you're using wifi can you connect by ethernet instead? When I first got my 130 I had problems connecting by wifi and in the end swapped to an ethernet connection which solved my problems.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
Delete AIR Altogether. Roon’s version of AIR is more stable and is all you need. Because you have Devialet AIR and Roon AIR your computer is probably confused as to which AIR to use, hence no music
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
@Pim

I agree about deleting Devialet's AIR app completely if you're using Roon. I was just suggesting a bit of caution about not doing an absolute 100% delete until you're certain that Roon AIR is working on its own. Sticking it in the Trash deletes it as far as having it running goes. You then have the option of reinstalling it easily if you need to or deleting it entirely by emptying the Trash if deletion works.

I just don't like suggesting actions like deleting something entirely until you're certain that deletion works. I think it's wise to keep a fallback option until you're totally happy that things are working the way they should.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia