Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roon Streaming via devialet air or Raat
If the wired connection is productive dropouts, it may be something with your Ethernet switch. I have it connected via Ethernet to a WiFi Access Point, that connects via WiFi in bridged mode to another Access Point. This works amazingly well, produces no drop outs (the APs are about 20 ft apart), and i get the benefits of not having a switch potentially wrecking havoc on the stream. With the exception of maybe an old microwave oven interfering with the WiFi signal. ?
Just got my new Expert 220 Pro with latest firmware. Running on a wired gigabit ethernet to the router. Over RAAT is fine but I get crackling when using Roon AIR. I thought it was the folks on wired gigabit connections over RAAT that were having crackling issues. What gives?

Update: Switched to wifi with Roon AIR and it's smooth as silk. No crackling.
(22-May-2020, 07:16)aproo Wrote: Just got my new Expert 220 Pro with latest firmware. Running on a wired gigabit ethernet to the router. Over RAAT is fine but I get crackling when using Roon AIR. I thought it was the folks on wired gigabit connections over RAAT that we’re having crackling issues. What gives?

Update: Switched to wifi with Roon AIR and it's smooth as silk. No crackling.

This is networked audio. There are a lot of different things that can cause problems on a network. Just because you're using Roon and RAAT does not mean that the RAAT bug is the cause of your problem. People experiencing problems with RAAT and a gigabit ethernet connection are not experiencing crackling so that is not the cause of the problem you're having. If you want to use ethernet then you're going to have to look elsewhere for the cause of the problem.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia