Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roon Transport device in use
Yesterday I had an automatic update of my Linux Roon core to version 1.4 build 298 and today I updated my iOS Roon control to the same version.

This evening I get the dreaded ‘Transport device in use’ error in Roon. The first time ever I have seen this problem with my D440 Pro with CI board and the latest beta 10 firmware 12.2.2. I’m using the Ethernet port to connect via a router to my Roon core Linux server.

Can anyone here shed some light on what is causing this problem. It seems as if it’s happened to me since this latest Roon release.
Roon Rock, Devialet 220 pro CI, Palmer 2.5 Turntable, AT OC9MLii, Classic Audio MC Pro Phono and Harbeth SHL5 Plus
I had the "Transport device in use" error several times with the previous build but so far I haven't had it with the new build 298. Whatever is causing it, it's not something to do with build 298 because it was being experienced by many well before build 298 was released.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
I have had the error through all the builds since upgrading to Core Infinity, and still have it.
SYSTEM 1:Grimm MU-1 running Roon Server & Ready//Grimm TPM//GRIMM LS1be
SYSTEM 2: Antipodes DX Roon Server// MiniDSP// Grimm TPM// Dutch & Dutch 8C

(26-Jan-2018, 00:14)disarmamant Wrote: Yesterday I had an automatic update of my Linux Roon core to version 1.4 build 298 and today I updated my iOS Roon control to the same version.

This evening I get the dreaded ‘Transport device in use’ error in Roon. The first time ever I have seen this problem with my D440 Pro with CI board and the latest beta 10 firmware 12.2.2. I’m using the Ethernet port to connect via a router to my Roon core Linux server.

Can anyone here shed some light on what is causing this problem. It seems as if it’s happened to me since this latest Roon release.

I did have this problem when running the “Release Version” software, but not with the Beta 10 release, nor with the latest Roon build 298. The way I cured it was to unplug my Dev Units, then replug them in - a hard reset. Not too sure whether you have tried this yet?
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
I've seen it come up heaps of times but only for a second and then the music just starts playing. So to me it looks like a bug that can sometimes prevent playing and sometimes just work. What causes the difference I don't know. I do have 16Gb of memory in my Mac mini, which is a lot more than you should need but it might just be the reason mine never actually gets hung up.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(26-Jan-2018, 06:41)Pim Wrote: I've seen it come up heaps of times but only for a second and then the music just starts playing. So to me it looks like a bug that can sometimes prevent playing and sometimes just work. What causes the difference I don't know. I do have 16Gb of memory in my Mac mini, which is a lot more than you should need but it might just be the reason mine never actually gets hung up.

You could be right about the memory, @Pim.
My Mac has 32 GB of memory and never suffers from the Roon Transport Device error.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
I had it momentarily yesterday. I think my MacBook Air is 8 GB which looks light compared with some of you others. However, am not sure that pure memory size is the problem as this is the first time on the CI that it has happened. I do have a habit of never powering down the MacBook which can cause memory to get clogged and updates deferred. Either way, it took a couple of quick reboots to clear the congestion from Roon.
Devialet 1000 Pro CI, Chord Signature Reference speaker cables, B&W 803 D3 speakers

Roon lifetime licence, Tidal.
I had it momentarily yesterday. I think my MacBook Air is 8 GB which looks light compared with some of you others. However, am not sure that pure memory size is the problem as this is the first time on the CI that it has happened. I do have a habit of never powering down the MacBook which can cause memory to get clogged and updates deferred. Either way, it took a couple of quick reboots to clear the congestion from Roon.
Devialet 1000 Pro CI, Chord Signature Reference speaker cables, B&W 803 D3 speakers

Roon lifetime licence, Tidal.
(26-Jan-2018, 06:19)brit Wrote: The way I cured it was to unplug my Dev Units, then replug them in - a hard reset. Not too sure whether you have tried this yet?

I had to power down the Devialet at the wall socket to clear it. Not repeated itself yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Roon Rock, Devialet 220 pro CI, Palmer 2.5 Turntable, AT OC9MLii, Classic Audio MC Pro Phono and Harbeth SHL5 Plus
I have periodically seen this error. I believe it occurs whenever the Devialet obtains a new (different) IP address. Yesterday, I decided to reset my router and Devialet to use a static IP address. The Devialet did obtain the new IP address, the router indicated the new IP address, and Roon saw the new IP address. BUT, from that point on Roon would only report 'Transport device in use' when attempting to play to the Devialet. I had to fully power cycle the Devialet (e.g. pull the plug), for it to resolve. I'm hoping that the Devialet static IP address will now eliminate the cause of this error. I'll report back if it reoccurs.

To be honest, I'm not sure when this error first started, but I suspect it's a Devialet issue and not Roon (i.e. Power-cycling Roon alone does not fix the error. For me, I had to power-cycle the Devialet for it to be resolved).
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA