Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roon and Core Infinity
(29-Dec-2017, 12:27)Teliaved Wrote: It seems somewhat simplistic to state that a bug on Devialet when its appearance is triggered by a room update.

You are right in some respects. The problem is that the Roon update comes at a time when Devialet are also playing around with the Core Infinity software, so it is very difficult to know whether it is purely a Roon issue, a Devialet issue, or a mix of both  Confused. All I know is that Roon worked perfectly fine with my D1000 Pro pre the Core Infinity update, but it does not now Huh. There are a number of other issues outside of Roon that also need to be fixed by Devialet - Configurator and remote  control primarily, but also some "flakiness" in the Master talking to the Companion (sometimes lose  sound from right hand speaker which is fed by the Companion)!

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
(29-Dec-2017, 12:27)Teliaved Wrote: It seems somewhat simplistic ....

...but highly likely correct.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

All was working perfectly and suddenly "Transport Device in use" appears and finish all the fun.
What i need to do?
Reset all, disconnect all, take a bath, close and open the windows and what more?
I´m a bit upset with this...
I think I must be very lucky. I have D220 Pro with the Core Infinity upgrade. Firmware is 11.5.18.

I’m running the latest Linux version of Roon core on my Vortexbox server, and the latest version of Roon controller on my iPad.

Roon is streaming using AIR via Ethernet direct to the D220.

So far everything is working exactly as before the upgrade with none of the issues discussed above.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Roon Rock, Devialet 220 pro CI, Palmer 2.5 Turntable, AT OC9MLii, Classic Audio MC Pro Phono and Harbeth SHL5 Plus
(29-Dec-2017, 18:11)disarmamant Wrote: I think I must be very lucky. I have D220 Pro with the Core Infinity upgrade. Firmware is 11.5.18.

I’m running the latest Linux version of Roon core on my Vortexbox server, and the latest version of Roon controller on my iPad.

So far everything is working exactly as before the upgrade with none of the issues discussed above.

I felt the same way for the first week. Then I tried to listen to a playlist without messing around with anything after 6 songs it would stop. I would have to select play on the next song and it would happen every time a different type of song was up next. If I clicked next or played the song normally all would work fine. But when one song ends the next will simply not begin.

It's a huge pain in the ass.
(29-Dec-2017, 23:43)griffithstrife Wrote:
(29-Dec-2017, 18:11)disarmamant Wrote: I think I must be very lucky. I have D220 Pro with the Core Infinity upgrade. Firmware is 11.5.18.

I felt the same way for the first week. Then I tried to listen to a playlist without messing around with anything after 6 songs it would stop. I would have to select play on the next song and it would happen every time a different type of song was up next. If I clicked next or played the song normally all would work fine. But when one song ends the next will simply not begin.

I have had none of those problems. On Christmas Day I signed up for the 12 day ‘no strings’ Tidal trial. I have been listening to that seamlessly through Roon since I signed up without any issue at all.

Roon Rock, Devialet 220 pro CI, Palmer 2.5 Turntable, AT OC9MLii, Classic Audio MC Pro Phono and Harbeth SHL5 Plus
(30-Dec-2017, 00:56)disarmamant Wrote:
(29-Dec-2017, 23:43)griffithstrife Wrote:

I have had none of those problems. On Christmas Day I signed up for the 12 day ‘no strings’ Tidal trial. I have been listening to that seamlessly through Roon since I signed up without any issue at all.

This is one of the safest bets for trouble free listening. It works well because (mostly) all of the Tidal content
streams at the same bit rate. The problems begin - as we already know - when you try to play content at different bit rates and the Devialet hangs between tracks.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Or if you have dual monos.....Wink
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
Roon over Ethernet AIR has been working perfectly for me after the 12.1.2 firmware update on my 1000 Pro, both for my own library (including mixed playlists of 16/44, 24/44, 16/48, 24/48, 24/96 and Tidal 16/44 and 24/48). Under FW 11.5.18 I was having the "stopping when changing resolutions across songs" issue that has been discussed. But not since updating to 12.1.2.

Caveats: I don't have any DSD tracks. I also haven't tried AIR over Wifi.
Devialet 1000 Pro Core Infinity, Magico M3, Nordost Frey 2 speaker cable, PS Audio P15 Power Plant, Shunyata Alpha EF AC cable, Mac Mini running ROON.
My understanding was 12.1.2. was non functional and the before the release candidate. Both 11.5.18 and 11.5.17 beta are listed as newer. So now I am really confused.