Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roon build 298 (Jan. 23) and Devialet
Bug Fixes and Performance Improvements in Roon Build 298:
  • Fix for playback errors when using multiple Devialet Air devices or switching back and forth between Roon and AIR driver
Note: Roon Build 298 is now rolling out for OSX, Windows, Windows (64 Bit), and Linux. Updated versions of Roon for Android and iOS have been submitted to their respective App Stores and will be available upon approval.
Devialet Expert 220 Pro Kinki EX-M7 power amp tethered to a fiber-fed Lumin X1 streamer via Grimm XLRs, Vivid B1 Decade speakers in Rosso Barchetta red (only 200 produced in a limited edition), Roon Nucleus with a Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD, etherREGEN switch fed by a Sonore opticalModule (and Sonore-supplied transceivers and 1M optical cable) with a SOtM dCBL-Cat7 cable to my Nucleus and a DH Labs Reunion Cat8 to my Lumin T2 streamer, Keces P8 linear power supply feeding a (to come) NUC and EtherREGEN switch with an external AfterDark OCXO clock., and opticalModule (5V/1A), AudioQuest Niagara 1000 power conditioner, ASI LiveLine loom (purchased directly from Franck Tchang when I lived in France), Less Loss Firewall for Speakers and Roon lifetime license with Tidal streaming.
(24-Jan-2018, 16:02)Flashman Wrote: Bug Fixes and Performance Improvements in Roon Build 298:
  • Fix for playback errors when using multiple Devialet Air devices or switching back and forth between Roon and AIR driver
Note: Roon Build 298 is now rolling out for OSX, Windows, Windows (64 Bit), and Linux. Updated versions of Roon for Android and iOS have been submitted to their respective App Stores and will be available upon approval.

I can I check that i have the latest update on Roon?  I check the knowledge file but it simply says that it is done automatically.
Devialet 220 Pro CI, IsoAcoustics Orea Bronze, B&W 804D's, Isoacoustics Gia II,  PS Audio P12,  Synergistic Research Devialet spec power Cord, Siltech 770L speaker cables, Qobuz, Roon Lifetime
                                    GTA, Canada
Go to Settings in Roon. In the top right corner of the window that opens you'll see the word "About". Click/tap on that and you'll bring up an info screen. Details of the software version and build are shown at the top of that info screen. There's links to Roon's page on that version/build next to the details.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
Perfect, thanks!

It does update automatically.
Devialet 220 Pro CI, IsoAcoustics Orea Bronze, B&W 804D's, Isoacoustics Gia II,  PS Audio P12,  Synergistic Research Devialet spec power Cord, Siltech 770L speaker cables, Qobuz, Roon Lifetime
                                    GTA, Canada
I got the following message from Devialet support, "under Roon, I'd advise you go into the audio setup and add a zone with your amp using a direct connection between Roon and Air.

This will enable you not to use the Devialet icon.  

My problem is I tried to do this as per the website but I still need to activate the air Icon.  Anyone have suggestions outside of the Roon manual?
                                    GTA, Canada
(13-Feb-2018, 02:39)Norty Wrote: I got the following message from Devialet support, "under Roon, I'd advise you go into the audio setup and add a zone with your amp using a direct connection between Roon and Air.

My problem is I tried to do this as per the website but I still need to activate the air Icon.  Anyone have suggestions outside of the Roon manual?

Just delete the AIR app altogether and try again. Without the AIR app, you computer doesn't have a choice but to use the Roon option. And it works 100% stable, which can't be said for Devialet AIR.

Let us know how you go.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(13-Feb-2018, 08:28)Pim Wrote:
(13-Feb-2018, 02:39)Norty Wrote: I got the following message from Devialet support, "under Roon, I'd advise you go into the audio setup and add a zone with your amp using a direct connection between Roon and Air.

Just delete the AIR app altogether and try again. Without the AIR app, you computer doesn't have a choice but to use the Roon option. And it works 100% stable, which can't be said for Devialet AIR.

Let us know how you go.

Unfortunately that did not work either.  I enabled under settings: Audio:  zone, is there a step I am missing?
Devialet AIR devices are automatically discovered by Roon. First, go to Settings->Audio and look for your device. You should see your Expert like this:
The "-ETH" device corresponds to the Ethernet connection on the Expert. The "-WIFI" device corresponds to the WiFi connection. If your device is only connected via one network interface, you will just see one device.
Click the "Enable" button to enable the device as a Zone in Roon:
[Image: 4c439785-2c39-4334-ad1e-be00ba4ac192.png]
                                    GTA, Canada
Have you restarted your computer and Roon?
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(13-Feb-2018, 19:41)Pim Wrote: Have you restarted your computer and Roon?
Yes I did thanks.
                                    GTA, Canada
Where do you have roon installed?
Audionet DNA / roon / ProAc SM100s