Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roon keeps skipping to next track, doesn’t play
Hi all,

I recently found two of my Devialet has same issue, when I use room to play on Devialet via RAAT, it has a very high chance it doesn’t play any song, but instead keeps skip to next song immediately non stop.

This issue can be resolved by:

- Unplug Devialet power cable and plug it back
- Restart Roon core service on NAS
- Use Devialet AIR instead of RAAT

Both of My system has never done any change in last few months, home network devices are the same. The only change is Roon released few updates in the last two months.

I send a support email to Roon about this and doesn’t seems getting any response.

It doesn’t look like a Devialet hardware issue since issue happen on both of devices.

Anyone here have experienced similar issue and got it resolved?
If you are using Ethernet, then check here below thread. A 100 MB switch may help you.
https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Roon-RAA...ing-slowly
(07-May-2021, 05:11)daniel.avasilichioaei Wrote: If you are using Ethernet, then check here below thread. A 100 MB switch may help you.
https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Roon-RAA...ing-slowly

I am using WiFi. Tried both 2.4G and 5G, same issue.

And I don’t receive the slow loading message, there is no error message shown.
It appears to be a Wi-Fi network or hardware resource issue at Roon Core.
Have you tried to change the channel used by Wi-Fi networks? Maybe there are collisions with neighboring networks.
Did you apply RoonLabs recommendations for router settings?
(07-May-2021, 07:52)daniel.avasilichioaei Wrote: It appears to be a Wi-Fi network or hardware resource issue at Roon Core.
Have you tried to change the channel used by Wi-Fi networks? Maybe there are collisions with neighboring networks.
Did you apply RoonLabs recommendations for router settings?

Thanks! If it’s wifi issue why Roon via Devialet AIR works?

I haven’t try to change the WiFi network channel but I will try it.

And never try roon labs recommendations…. Because it used to work for year and half without any issue…
Did you by chance just sigh up for Qobuz or some other streaming service and is this problem only occurring with Qobuz or the streaming service?

I signed up for Qobuz a few weeks ago and got what sounds like a similar problem whenever I tried to play something from Qobuz. Roon was telling me I was logged in and it would show Qobuz content exactly as it should appear in the Roon Remote app on my iPad. I'd select an album and press "play", the first track would start playing according to the progress bar but I didn't get any sound and after 3 seconds playback would jump to the next track, again 3 seconds without sound then jump to the next track, and this would just repeat until the end of the album when Roon would show an error message saying playback had been stopped because of too many errors. Roon worked fine with music from my own server, the problem only occurred when I tried to stream from Qobuz.

I contacted Qobuz support and eventually they got back to me with an account of the problem and a fix. When you sign up for Qobuz you do 2 things, you create an account with a password and you sign up for a specific plan. Logging in requires you to provide your email address and password and once you're logged in you can see all of the available content. When you try to play something there is a check at Qobuz's end to see what play you have. That's where the problem was. For some reason Qobuz's system didn't record my my credit card details properly so it didn't actually register me as having a plan and that's why I couldn't play anything. I was advised to log in to Qobuz again using Google Chrome rather than Safari and go through the plan selection process again. I did, this time things worked and I got a message saying I could start streaming so I logged back in again via Roon and Qobuz has worked perfectly since.

So, while I was using Roon when the problem occurred, the problem had nothing to do with Roon. Roon was doing everything perfectly but I couldn't stream from Qobuz because Qobuz would not stream to me because of a problem with my Qobuz account.

So, if the problem is only with Qobuz or some other streaming service like Tidal, I'd suggest contacting the streaming service's support people and checking whether the problem is at their end. It may be that the problem has nothing to do with Roon or your network and is actually an issue with your account with your streaming service.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
Back when Devialet released support for Roon RAAT (but before they fixed it), I tried switching to WiFi to stream to my Expert Pro. It worked... some of the time. What I found is that I could stream (via Roon RAAT) fine for a day or two or maybe a week or more. Then one day it would have dropouts or just skip songs. No idea why or what changed. Then next day it might be fine. I finally just gave up on WiFi. For me, it just wasn’t sufficiently dependable. What did work was using ethernet and and a 100mbps switch. But, since the last Expert Pro firmware update coupled with switching Roon to ROCK on a NUC, everything is completely stable via gigabit ethernet.

I guess my takeaway is that just because WiFi worked fine yesterday, last week, last month, last year, it is no guarantee it will continue to do so. Other factors (neighbors, additional WiFi appliances, etc..) may have an impact sooner or later.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
(07-May-2021, 10:08)David A Wrote: Did you by chance just sigh up for Qobuz or some other streaming service and is this problem only occurring with Qobuz or the streaming service?

I signed up for Qobuz a few weeks ago and got what sounds like a similar problem whenever I tried to play something from Qobuz. Roon was telling me I was logged in and it would show Qobuz content exactly as it should appear in the Roon Remote app on my iPad. I'd select an album and press "play", the first track would start playing according to the progress bar but I didn't get any sound and after 3 seconds playback would jump to the next track, again 3 seconds without sound then jump to the next track, and this would just repeat until the end of the album when Roon would show an error message saying playback had been stopped because of too many errors. Roon worked fine with music from my own server, the problem only occurred when I tried to stream from Qobuz.

I contacted Qobuz support and eventually they got back to me with an account of the problem and a fix. When you sign up for Qobuz you do 2 things, you create an account with a password and you sign up for a specific plan. Logging in requires you to provide your email address and password and once you're logged in you can see all of the available content. When you try to play something there is a check at Qobuz's end to see what play you have. That's where the problem was. For some reason Qobuz's system didn't record my my credit card details properly so it didn't actually register me as having a plan and that's why I couldn't play anything. I was advised to log in to Qobuz again using Google Chrome rather than Safari and go through the plan selection process again. I did, this time things worked and I got a message saying I could start streaming so I logged back in again via Roon and Qobuz has worked perfectly since.

So, while I was using Roon when the problem occurred, the problem had nothing to do with Roon. Roon was doing everything perfectly but I couldn't stream from Qobuz because Qobuz would not stream to me because of a problem with my Qobuz account.

So, if the problem is only with Qobuz or some other streaming service like Tidal, I'd suggest contacting the streaming service's support people and checking whether the problem is at their end. It may be that the problem has nothing to do with Roon or your network and is actually an issue with your account with your streaming service.

Thanks David, my problem is similar but different. My issue happened on all music files on my NAS, once I start play it keeps jump into next song immediately, and there is no way I can play it and I cannot click on pause button to stop, it keeps moving to next. But if I switch to AIR it will start play normally… it is very strange. Today I restarted my router and so far is ok. I don’t know which part went wrong.
(07-May-2021, 15:20)mdconnelly Wrote: Back when Devialet released support for Roon RAAT (but before they fixed it), I tried switching to WiFi to stream to my Expert Pro. It worked... some of the time. What I found is that I could stream (via Roon RAAT) fine for a day or two or maybe a week or more. Then one day it would have dropouts or just skip songs. No idea why or what changed. Then next day it might be fine. I finally just gave up on WiFi. For me, it just wasn’t sufficiently dependable. What did work was using ethernet and and a 100mbps switch. But, since the last Expert Pro firmware update coupled with switching Roon to ROCK on a NUC, everything is completely stable via gigabit ethernet.

I guess my takeaway is that just because WiFi worked fine yesterday, last week, last month, last year, it is no guarantee it will continue to do so. Other factors (neighbors, additional WiFi appliances, etc..) may have an impact sooner or later.

Ture. But I don’t understand why both Devialet happens at the same time? One is much closer to the router. And I don’t understand why AIR doesn’t has the problem when using WiFi?
I have recently had the exact same issue, not with my Devialet though.

My main Roon Core is a 2015 iMac. From there I stream via Air/RAAT to my Devialet in my stereo system, a NADT778 AVR in my theatre system or an Apple Airport Express in my lounge all without issue.
With working from home becoming the norm, I turned a spare bedroom in a WFH location. I built a new Microsoft Windows based PC just for this and bought an iFi Zen DAC with a few different sets of headphones to listen to music while working. On this PC, I set up Roon as secondary system connecting to my iMac as the Roon Core.
On this system with the iFi as endpoint, I recently started to experience the same skips. Pretty annoying, every second or third song Roon would simply stop after a few seconds and jump to the next track.

Touch wood, but seems as if I have managed to fix the issue by going into the iFi ASIO config and setting the buffer to the maximum.

This is not a Devialet issue, but rather a Roon issue it seems and it appears as if the skips happen when the network cannot provide a consistent data stream. It does appear as if this has started after the last Roon update.

Devialet 440PRO CI/ Mola Mola Tambaqui + Kalugas / Vivid Audio Giya G2
Cape Town, South Africa