Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roon keeps skipping to next track, doesn’t play
I had the same problem today. I’d just made a new clean install of Roon ROCK on an Intel NUC.

Tried to play some music from Qobuz and it just kept skipping tracks, at one point it skipped four tracks at once.

I posted about the problem on the Roon support forum, but no responses all day. I think the support on Roon has been getting worse recently, no responses from them. I’m beginning to wonder if it’s time to move on from Roon.
Roon Rock, Devialet 220 pro CI, Palmer 2.5 Turntable, AT OC9MLii, Classic Audio MC Pro Phono and Harbeth SHL5 Plus
(07-May-2021, 19:44)disarmamant Wrote: I had the same problem today. I’d just made a new clean install of Roon ROCK on an Intel NUC.

Tried to play some music from Qobuz and it just kept skipping tracks, at one point it skipped four tracks at once.

I posted about the problem on the Roon support forum, but no responses all day. I think the support on Roon has been getting worse recently, no responses from them. I’m beginning to wonder if it’s time to move on from Roon.

I suspect the problems with Roon support of late is growing pains.   Their 1.8 release have created some issues and it certainly seems like their forums have been overloaded including the support thread.    Since you're using Rock on a NUC, I'll ask the question I've seen others ask...  What DNS Server do you have specified on the Rock web page? (i.e. enter the IP address of your NUC in a browser and you'll see it there).   If not set, consider setting it to one of the top-performing ones such as 1.1.1.1 or 8.8.8.8 or 9.9.9.9.   

I don't pretend to understand why a DNS server would affect the problem you're having but others have suggested it does.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
How you set the buffer size in roon?

I also found they don’t response support question…

The 1.8 release slightly slower, and has the bug… I don’t see any real benefits. Hope they can fix the issue.
Hi everyone I restarted my router and so far so good…

Um.. I think Roon should improve to be more adaptive to various network environment. Because everything else works in my network.

Hopefully it won’t happen again. Finger crossed.

Thanks for all the comment above.
(07-May-2021, 15:20)mdconnelly Wrote: Back when Devialet released support for Roon RAAT (but before they fixed it), I tried switching to WiFi to stream to my Expert Pro.  It worked... some of the time.  What I found is that I could stream (via Roon RAAT) fine for a day or two or maybe a week or more.  Then one day it would have dropouts or just skip songs.  No idea why or what changed.  Then next day it might be fine.  I finally just gave up on WiFi.  For me, it just wasn’t sufficiently dependable.  What did work was using ethernet and and a 100mbps switch.  But, since the last Expert Pro firmware update coupled with switching Roon to ROCK on a NUC, everything is completely stable via gigabit ethernet.

I guess my takeaway is that just because WiFi worked fine yesterday, last week, last month, last year, it is no guarantee it will continue to do so.  Other factors (neighbors, additional WiFi appliances, etc..) may have an impact sooner or later.

This right here. I too switched to ethernet for that exact same reason. Ethernet, combined with the most recent firmware resulted in zero drop-outs, slow loads, skipping, etc...
System: Roon on NUC, music library on Synology NAS, all connected via ethernet. Thorens TD-160 super (revised and restored) with SME 3009-III, Devialet Expert pro 440 CI, Marten Django XL
Hi all,

Who of you are using VPN? At least the ones who are in home office are likely to use VPN.

In my setup, ROON core on an iMac, DEVIALET Expert 220 and controling ROON playback on a Macbook (all connected via Ethernet), the skipping of song starts as soon as I connect to the company network via VPN. Turning VPN off let’s control the ROON playback again normally. Alternative control of ROON playback with iPhone or iPad also works fine.

Cheers,
Chris

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk