Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Optimized Linux distro for audiophile
Searching the web and found a few 'claimed' Linux distro for audiophile with built-in music player:

1. Volumio
2. AP-Linux
3. Daphile

Anyone has experienced with other distro, optimized for audio server. My intention is to build a optimized Roon server with an existing distro and use AIR/USB on a Windows-based RoonBridge for audio output/renderer.

Any input will be welcomed.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

I use Voyage linux (Voyage-mpd) in my setup. This is also a distro optimized for sound. Currently I run LMS on a i5 NUC and squeezelite on a small laptop connected via USB and Regen to my 250.
When it comes to Roon server I'd probably go for Ubuntu as this is tested by Roon. Both Voyage and Ubuntu are Debian based and should be easy to maintain, but I have not installed Roon on my Voyage box yet so I do not know if all dependencies are met. You would not need a built-in player as Roon will take care of that. Roon server is only available as 64bit for Linux so make sure to install the 64bit (amd64) version of the distro you choose.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
I've used Voyage MPD and Volumio in my Cubox. Volumio is pretty slick and was the one I stuck with. Volumio's Debian-based too.
Thanks. I'll keep note of that.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier