Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roon streaming issue
Hi all I’m having issues with roon with my 220 pro, playing high res music using the Ethernet port it breaks up. I’ve spoken to dev support and they told to just use air and not ethernet. I prefer the sound if Ethernet but Devialet tell me that I’m supposed to be using air as this is the best solution. It seems like they don’t want to fix the issue and seems like a cop out to me. I also get the audio is loading slowly error. 
Anyone know if a new firmware is coming to sort the issue. 
Thanks
There's a thread here and on Roon about the stuttering/dropout issues when using gigabit ethernet to your Devialet from Roon via RAAT. The easy fix is either use Wifi to your Devialet or to buy a simple 100mbps switch to put in front of your Devialet box. Strangely enough, Roon to your Devialet over 100mbps ethernet works fine, but many people have encountered the issue at gigabit speed.

Yes, AIR does work at gigabit speed, but many prefer RAAT for numerous reasons. It has been over a year since the problem was first discovered and still not fix from Devialet. If there is a firmware update coming, it is a well kept secret.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
@Moonsim70

You said that Devialet support told you "to just use air and not ethernet". I think you may be slightly mistaken but it's an easy mistake to make. I think Devialet meant to use Roon's "Devialet AIR' streaming option which you can use over ethernet or over wifi. AIR in Devialet terms refers to "Asynchronous Intelligent Route" and it's Devialet's owns streaming protocol.

I'm assuming you ran into the problem you describe using Roon's Roon Ready connection to your 220, which uses Roon's protocol called RAAT. There is a problem with high res files and a gigabit ethernet connection if you use RAAT but you can apparently avoid it by either using a 100 MBPS connection over ethernet or by using wifi instead of ethernet. Alternatively you can connect over gigabit ethernet using Roon's Devialet AIR option which will appear as an endpoint zone below the Roon Ready zones in the list of zones in Roon's Audio settings.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
I connect a WiFi access point via the ethernet port on my 220 Pro with no issues. So effectively I'm connecting wirelessly to stream music from my Roon Server.

Let us know if the gigabit setting is the problem.
I use "Devialet AIR" over Gigabit and it works fine.
Indeed, at this moment, RAAT is generating issues over Gigabit (1000 Mbps), but it is working fine over Ethernet (100 Mbps).
Hi, with some routers you can assign the individual ports their own speed in the network menu. Maybe this is possible with your router!
(Attached example: FritzBox)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
Some have also suggested deleting Devialet Air from your computer when using Roon Air.
iMac 2021, Roon, home wifi, Devialet Phantom I x 2
I've been chasing this same issue on my 1000 Pro CI. In the end, I changed the "IGMP proxying" setting on my router, and that appears to have improved things considerably. I still get occasional glitches on 24/192 material (both from Qobuz and from Roon Core hard drive), but it's much less frequent. Take a look in your router settings.

Just to be clear whether we're seeing the same thing: I'm connecting by gigabit Ethernet using AIR (Roon displays this as Devialet-eth). My network is mac mini (Roon Core) to Netgear AC3200 router to Devialet, all connected by CAT7 ethernet cable. I'm NOT using Devialet RAAT (that protocol has its own problems with gigabit Ethernet, see all the threads about the "loading slowly" bug). I know my problem is only with the Devialet, since I have other Roon endpoints that have no problem streaming 24/192. And the problem is limited to 24/192 content -- at least I haven't been able to reliably reproduce it at lower sample rates.
Devialet 1000 Pro Core Infinity, Magico M3, Nordost Frey 2 speaker cable, PS Audio P15 Power Plant, Shunyata Alpha EF AC cable, Mac Mini running ROON.
(03-May-2020, 21:25)flohmann Wrote: I've been chasing this same issue on my 1000 Pro CI. In the end, I changed the "IGMP proxying" setting on my router, and that appears to have improved things considerably. I still get occasional glitches on 24/192 material (both from Qobuz and from Roon Core hard drive), but it's much less frequent. Take a look in your router settings.

Just to be clear whether we're seeing the same thing: I'm connecting by gigabit Ethernet using AIR (Roon displays this as Devialet-eth). My network is mac mini (Roon Core) to Netgear AC3200 router to Devialet, all connected by CAT7 ethernet cable. I'm NOT using Devialet RAAT (that protocol has its own problems with gigabit Ethernet, see all the threads about the "loading slowly" bug). I know my problem is only with the Devialet, since I have other Roon endpoints that have no problem streaming 24/192. And the problem is limited to 24/192 content -- at least I haven't been able to reliably reproduce it at lower sample rates.
Hi.  What did you change the proxy settings to, and what kind of router do you have?  Thanks
(09-May-2020, 20:03)ismarketing Wrote:
(03-May-2020, 21:25)flohmann Wrote:
I've been chasing this same issue on my 1000 Pro CI. In the end, I changed the "IGMP proxying" setting on my router, and that appears to have improved things considerably. I still get occasional glitches on 24/192 material (both from Qobuz and from Roon Core hard drive), but it's much less frequent. Take a look in your router settings. 

Hi.  What did you change the proxy settings to, and what kind of router do you have?  Thanks

I've got a Netgear Nighthawk X6/R8000/AC3200. The setting was "disable IGMP proxying", which I unchecked (in other words, it seems I've now *enabled* IGMP proxying). This change is also mentioned and recommended for Orbi routers in the Roon networking best practices linked earlier in this thread. Give it a try.
Devialet 1000 Pro Core Infinity, Magico M3, Nordost Frey 2 speaker cable, PS Audio P15 Power Plant, Shunyata Alpha EF AC cable, Mac Mini running ROON.