Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sudden humming/buzzing appearance
Hello everyone. I have recently acquired one gold phantom (about 3 weeks ago). Yesterday , out of a sudden, a humming noise kept appearing after pausing every song (a humming that lasts for about 5 to 10 seconds). Same humming appears every time i turn on the speaker from its standby mode. 5-10 secs of humming then stops. On a recent note, today, i tried resetting the speaker (the whole 30 sec off, plug in, 30 sec wait, 3 times power button) while also moving the power cord into another socket. On top of that usual humming sound on startup, it developed 2 new noises. At the end of every hum, it emits a bop-like sound. I don't know how to describe it... like a splash of water drop. A very dim sound, but still an annoying sound. And the second noise, after i put my speaker in standby mode (by long pressing the power button) it emits a high frequency noise. Kinda like a high pitch buzzing. Speaker's power cord goes into an electric extension cord with 5 sockets (1 occupied by the router, 1 by my desktop monitor, 1 by the speaker, and 2 of them by the chargers for 2 laptops). I have read somewhere on internet that the buzzing and humming are caused by electromagnetic induction or magnetic fields, things that pretty much any thing with a running motor have. 

Need to mention that I also get these exact noises/sounds/whatever you wanna call them(except for the high pitch sound after turning the speaker off), on my other bluetooth speaker (100% bluetooth, no power cord needed, Bose Soundlink Revolve Plus (don't know if this info helps, but thought I'd write it down just in case)).

If anyone can please supply a solution or at least explain to me the causes of those sounds, it'd be much appreciated. Thank you!

PS: I messaged Devialet , both on instagram and facebook and no response. So this forum is pretty much my last chance of fixing it.
Living Room - 2x Devialet Gold Phantom(ethernet) -> (optical) 1x BlueSound Node 2i (ethernet) + Remote
Welcome to the forum...

Since your other devices suffer similar noise problems, your Phantom is likely to be working properly and is not a faulty unit.  Your noise can be from multiple sources and causes, may be caused by something about to fail or even a poorly designed device.

Firstly, what version of software are you using for the Phantom?  If DOS1, suggest upgrading to DOS2 by downloading a Devialet App and following the instructions.  While the upgrade to new software is not likely to solve your noise problem, it is more stable. Has also better feedback by the sounds it makes and you can contact Devialet through the App. ** Please read notes carefully because you will some capabilities from Spark when you upgrade.

Here are some ideas to try, one at a time:

1. Connect Phantom using an Ethernet cable from router
  2. Power the Phantom on a different socket as far away as you can, in a different room, hopefully that uses a different power circuit
  3. Use a different extension chord/power board
  4. Power off electrical devices in home, one at a time to see whether you can identify noise source.  Include the refrigerator and/or freezer, as well as any other household appliance.
  5. Remove chargers, which are still running even if not charging
  6. A microwave or any wireless appliance e.g. wireless doorbell can cause problems. Try using your wireless appliance, one at a time.  If you know your neighbours, try theirs, one at a time, as well !!
  7. Your neighbour could be using a high powered device, radio transmitter; nothing can be done there, other than shift to new home!