Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Router with optical digital out
Just came across this router : http://www.greyhoundrouter.com/connectivity.html

It has all basic functionality, but I was surprised by the digital output for audio. It delivers airplay and dlna functionality .. so it might be an useful option for those seeking a simple solution to get dlna and airplay including all other router functionality Smile all in one device and easily connected to a dialog...

2 Silver Phantoms (firmware 1.14.0.18), 2 Branches/Tree White, Dialog (firmware 1.14.0.18), Remote
This looks great. Am I correct in assuming that all I'd need is this as my router, using optical in to my phantom ----- nothing else? What about dialog?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(30-Dec-2015, 15:42)andrewhollo Wrote: This looks great. Am I correct in assuming that all I'd need is this as my router, using optical in to my phantom ----- nothing else? What about dialog?

Dialog would still be required if you have more than one Phantom.
As already mentioned.. without the dialog is no option (yet?)... but you could use the optical in on the dialog to have dlna and airplay (and all other options of the router).

2 Silver Phantoms (firmware 1.14.0.18), 2 Branches/Tree White, Dialog (firmware 1.14.0.18), Remote
But if I'm only using a single Phantom, do I miss anything by not including a Dialog?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
well you miss stereo Smile. but you could also attach the phantom to the router .. in my case the router is not close to the phantoms.. but with a dialog that is no issue (as long as it is not too far away Smile.