Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Running D-Premier's in mono
I've one D-Premier which is at software version 10.1.0.  It was sent back to the factory in Nov 2018 for updates, which included an AIR support.

I'm looking to get a second D-Premier from a dealer who has one taken in trade.  This is an earlier unit without AIR, and has software 7.1.3.  

The question I have is:  Can the older D-Premier support 10.1.0 load successfully?   If so, then I (think) I could use it as a companion to run it in mono.  Or, do I need to find a later version with AIR hardware installed?
1, ATC SCM 40 V2 speakers,  SVS PC4000 subwoofer,  Devialet Expert Pro 1000, ,  Ultrasone Edition 15, Ultrasone Edition 15 Veritas,  ,Chord Hugo TT, Magnetar UBR-800, GeerFab DBoB, OTL Headphone amp

2. Dynaudio Focus 360 , Devialet Expert Pro 220, Reavon UBR X-110, GeerFab DBoB
7.1.3 sounds different from 10.1.0. So much that with everything else set correctly you'd still hear it. If the older D-Premier can be updated to 10.1.0 it should work well as companion. I'm a bit uncertain about the upgrade for the older unit even if my 250 was a D-Premier once. Let's hope someone with better knowledge chimes in with info...
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
Like ogs I’m also a bit unsure even though my 250 Pro CI was a D-premier once as well, funny how quickly we forget. But, AFAIK all D-premiers have always supported AIR through WiFi (if the wifi daughterboard is installed which was a free upgrade) and can all run 10.1.0. I’d just ask the dealer to figure it out/update it if he wants to sell it to you. Smile
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(04-Jun-2019, 10:15)Antoine Wrote: Like ogs I’m also a bit unsure even though my 250 Pro CI was a D-premier once as well, funny how quickly we forget. But, AFAIK all D-premiers have always supported AIR through WiFi (if the wifi daughterboard is installed which was a free upgrade) and can all run 10.1.0. I’d just ask the dealer to figure it out/update it if he wants to sell it to you. Smile

Sounds like sage advice.  

I did ask Devialet customer service, just to see what they will advise.
1, ATC SCM 40 V2 speakers,  SVS PC4000 subwoofer,  Devialet Expert Pro 1000, ,  Ultrasone Edition 15, Ultrasone Edition 15 Veritas,  ,Chord Hugo TT, Magnetar UBR-800, GeerFab DBoB, OTL Headphone amp

Devialet customer service came back with the answer: All D-Premiers can accept 10.1.0 firmware. So, looks like I'll get the second D-Premier to check out mono operation.

Sorry I didn’t notice this earlier. I can confirm: I have a D-Premier-Now-250 and it runs 10.1 without incident.