Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
S/PDIF to AES/EBU Link and Audioprana Hybrid Cable
(24-May-2015, 03:59)MusicFirst Wrote:
(24-May-2015, 03:40)milk_vanilla Wrote: I asked the electrician to made AES - SPDIF for my d400, with 110 ohm digital cable ( i guess they use belden), neutrik connector. The difference is immediate audible,  it turned the sonic more liquid. I used the default cable and get a chance to use ASI liveline from my spare as well ( both were SPDIF)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More liquid yes, better soundstage depth, width, dynamics attack and detail.  In general, more 'musical' than the Crystal.....

Kerry 

Kerry, glad you guys are having good results with the Audioprana.  Was really disappointed my cable did not improve my system.  It was indeed smoother and more liquid but for me, it actually had the opposite effects on soundstage, dynamics and details.  Go figure.  My only guess is that due to my 400 being a demo and having plenty of hours on it, the stock Crystal cable was fully broken in.  ????  It's a mystery.
Raidho D2
(2) REL 528s
Devialet 400 Air Ethernet
Roon Nucleus w custom power supply
QNAP NAS
PS Audio P3 Powerplant and Powerbase
Furutech GTX_D Outlet on dedicated line
JPS Labs Kaptovators to the wall

(27-May-2015, 15:02)Foggy916 Wrote:
(24-May-2015, 03:59)MusicFirst Wrote:
(24-May-2015, 03:40)milk_vanilla Wrote: I asked the electrician to made AES - SPDIF for my d400, with 110 ohm digital cable ( i guess they use belden), neutrik connector. The difference is immediate audible,  it turned the sonic more liquid. I used the default cable and get a chance to use ASI liveline from my spare as well ( both were SPDIF)

More liquid yes, better soundstage depth, width, dynamics attack and detail.  In general, more 'musical' than the Crystal.....

Kerry 

Kerry, glad you guys are having good results with the Audioprana.  Was really disappointed my cable did not improve my system.  It was indeed smoother and more liquid but for me, it actually had the opposite effects on soundstage, dynamics and details.  Go figure.  My only guess is that due to my 400 being a demo and having plenty of hours on it, the stock Crystal cable was fully broken in.  ????  It's a mystery.

Well, I'm going to put all my cables on my new Audiodharma Cable cooker next week including the Crystal and Audioprana.  Once they've burned in, I'll report back.

Kerry
Laufer Teknik Memory Player - Atlas Mavros S/PDIF x 2 - Mutec MC-3+ USB Reclocker - Sablon Panatella BNC-SPDIF Digital Cable - LampizatOr Big 7 Tube DAC
Ayre Acoustics AX5-Twenty Amplifier - Rockport Technologies Cygnus Loudspeakers - Rel Gibralter G1 Six Pack Subs - Siltech Princess XLR - Ear to Ear Cables and PCs - Canada
Where did you source your cable, I can't find much about them on the web? Any view on cost?
Pink Triangle Anniversary/SME IV/Hana Blue; Intel NUC + Roon ROCK; Devialet 440 Pro CI; Kudos Titan 707 using AXD; Kudos, Chord, Audioquest cables
Dublin, Ireland
(29-May-2015, 13:34)Neffa Wrote: Where did you source your cable, I can't find much about them on the web? Any view on cost?

http://audioprana.free.fr/catalogue%20ve...0ligne.htm

The prices are 280 euros for .7m and 320 euros for 1m plus shipping.

Kerry
Laufer Teknik Memory Player - Atlas Mavros S/PDIF x 2 - Mutec MC-3+ USB Reclocker - Sablon Panatella BNC-SPDIF Digital Cable - LampizatOr Big 7 Tube DAC
Ayre Acoustics AX5-Twenty Amplifier - Rockport Technologies Cygnus Loudspeakers - Rel Gibralter G1 Six Pack Subs - Siltech Princess XLR - Ear to Ear Cables and PCs - Canada
I had problems using this setup when playing back DSD materials. The slave has no sound.
Once I switched back to standard RCA, it worked.

I had problems with Phono with this set up as well with a slave that switched off when phono selected but switched back on when I selected the next input.
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
is it the one to get ?
http://audioprana.free.fr/num%2075-110-buis.htm

what about the set up problems ? is it fixed ?
DEVIALET 400 - RPI3 + DIGIONE picoreplayer - APERTURA ONIRA -
(22-Nov-2015, 15:54)jfp Wrote: is it the one to get ?
http://audioprana.free.fr/num%2075-110-buis.htm

what about the set up problems ? is it fixed ?

That's the cable I have.  Highly recommended!

I can't comment om the configurator issues mentioned above.  I did have some configurator issues about a year ago, but more recently and with the AES/EBU link to the companion, I have had no issues whatsoever.
If you use the AES/EBU entry, how do you plug a drive to the Devialet ?
DEVIALET 400 - RPI3 + DIGIONE picoreplayer - APERTURA ONIRA -
(22-Nov-2015, 18:49)jfp Wrote: If you use the AES/EBU entry, how do you plug a drive to the Devialet ?

All the master inputs are available including AES/EBU.  You just loose one RCA SPDIF, which is the output to the companion.