Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magico A1?
Hi team,

Does someone have experience driving Magico A1’s with pre-CI Devialet D250?

Also, how well does the Sam profile work for those?

I hear very different stories about the A1, from flat/cold/boring/univolving to best bookshelf speaker ever designed and I suspect that amplification is the key.

How good a match is the Devialet?

Thank you.

Regards,
Bernard
Room: Gik Acoustics | Vibration: Townshend pods | Power: Shunyata Omega XC + Everest + Sigma NR v2 + Sigma ground cables | Source: Mojo Audio DejaVu EVO linux server running Roon core (Raat) | Ethernet: Sonore Optical module + Melco S10P with dedicated LPS + Shunyata Omega Ethernet x 2| Synchronous: Mutec MC-3 + USB (Paul Hynes SR7T LPS) + Cybershaft OP21A (Shunyata Omega USB, AES/EBU, clock cables) | Dac/Pre/Amplification: Devialet D1000 Pro CI (Chord Sarum T RCA-RCA link) | Speakers: Chord Sarum T cables + Wilson Benesch Act One Evolution P1
(04-Jul-2020, 22:27)bernardl Wrote: Hi team,

Does someone have experience driving Magico A1’s with pre-CI Devialet D250?

Also, how well does the Sam profile work for those?

I hear very different stories about the A1, from flat/cold/boring/univolving to best bookshelf speaker ever designed and I suspect that amplification is the key.

How good a match is the Devialet?

Thank you.

Regards,

Bernard
A little out of context, but I recently bought a pair of Magico A3’s to go with my Expert Pro 1000.  Absolutely astonishing- I had a decent pair of speakers before (Albedo Aptica) - there is no comparison.  I think the power of whatever Devialet Expert you have will drive the Magico A1’s.  The reviews of the A1’s and 3’s are sympathetic - less bass obviously, but musically sound.  I think you need Apods or IsoAcoustic Gaia feet - the Gaia’s made a significant improvement (and much less expensive than the Apods)
@Lincolnlad - I’ve been toying with the idea of the A3s. The problem is that I don’t think I’d get a chance to hear them with my 440 Pro before buying and the cost of shipping is not trivial. Is there a SAM profile for the A3s and, if so, do you use it?
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
Devialet has SAM profiles for both A1 and A3. I haven't heard any of them (don't even own a Dev now), but I'd be pretty surprised if a 440 CI did not work well with the A3 +SAM. Look forward to @Lincolnlad 's comment on this.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB