Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SAM for new Customer
Hey,
i am just about to buy a Expert 200. Does anyone of you know if the SAM-Lab only comes to the retailer?
Or will they visit some customers at home?
My speakers are realy big. and have each ca. 65kg.

Thanks for your help!

best regards,
cuco
Might be worth an email to Devialet or one of the dealers that have hosted SAM events.

It probably depends on quite a few factors - how much they expand the SAMlab program, your location, popularity of speaker, etc.  At the moment it seems like there are very few speakers being measured via the SAMlab process - mostly a couple of days in each country, where a handful of speakers are measured each day.  

Unless there's a lot going on behind there scenes that we don't hear about, but even on the Devialet website, the samlab 'world tour' doesn't seem very packed with dates.

Some places were doing an offer where if you bought with them they guaranteed you a place to have your speakers SAMed, but that would have been at a dealers too - worth hunting around though.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Just to make sure, I hope you know that it's not YOUR speakers that need SAMing but any speaker around the world of your brand and type. So if someone else has the same speakers SAMed you can download the SAM profile from the Devialet web site and you're in business. So go with what Hifi says above and send Devialet an email. Who knows, they might have some coming up somewhere around the world.

Good luck!

Pim
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
i know that. but there are NO Canton Speakers measured right now. basically because they nearly only are bought in Germany. but My Speakers are also nearly 10 years old. and only build about 100 times. so i am nearly sure that there wont be any Chance to get a SAM Profile if they dont measure mine.
and i have to admitt that i wont by one if they wont measure them.
Canton Karat Reference 6.2 DC | Expert 220 Pro | Canton Karat AS500
Canton Karat Reference 2.2 DC | Expert 400
ROON Server | Supermicro M11SDV-8CT-LN4F | Mellanox Connect-X 3 40G | Samsung PM1725a 3.2TB
Ultrasone Edition 8 EX | Coord MOJO + POLY

It almost makes sense for Devialet to employ someone to fly round to different speaker manufacturers to measure speakers. that way the manufacturer can feel more confidence in the measuring process if they witnessed it or provided a known generic version of the speaker or variations on a model if there are any.
Surely they could train (or hire) a few key staff at main or premier dealers in each country, and set them up with permanent or semi-permanent SAMlabs? I actually think people would be prepared to pay the get their speakers SAMed. I would.

The fact that the current SAMlab setup still seems to require a skilled technician from Devalet Paris to travel with it, seems to somewhat defeat the point of SAMlab as a concept? I guess it's better than physically shipping speakers to Paris, but it's still a slow process. Hopefully it will evolve.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

When I got my good old MB Quart 2000 SAMed three weeks, the engineer visited a customer during lunch break at home to measure his unbearable heavy speakers.
I guess you have to talk to your lokal DEVIALET dealer when SAMlab will visit your town for equal service.
Other members of this forum wrote that they sent their special gear to Paris and had a quick return after measurement.

Cheers,

Krisp
Does any one have an idea when SAM lab will visit Germany?
I also think I remember being told at the Munich showthat they will deliver SAM lab hardware to their dealer network...
Did someone hear similar rumors?
Block PS100 Custom turntable/ Soundsmith Carmen - Kimber KS1011
Aurali Aries LE - Kimber USB  /  Oyaide FTVS 510
AVM Evolution CD3 - Oyaide FTVS 510
D200 - Kimber 12TC all clear - Ayon Gyrfalcon
HMS Energia RC1 mains filter- Fisch Audio power wires
Stuttgart, Germany
The support told me that the tour to germany starts befor the high end in munich. so they can show their progresses there.
Canton Karat Reference 6.2 DC | Expert 220 Pro | Canton Karat AS500
Canton Karat Reference 2.2 DC | Expert 400
ROON Server | Supermicro M11SDV-8CT-LN4F | Mellanox Connect-X 3 40G | Samsung PM1725a 3.2TB
Ultrasone Edition 8 EX | Coord MOJO + POLY

(15-Dec-2015, 13:27)cuco Wrote: The support told me that the tour to germany starts befor the high end in munich. so they can show their progresses there.

Thanks!
Block PS100 Custom turntable/ Soundsmith Carmen - Kimber KS1011
Aurali Aries LE - Kimber USB  /  Oyaide FTVS 510
AVM Evolution CD3 - Oyaide FTVS 510
D200 - Kimber 12TC all clear - Ayon Gyrfalcon
HMS Energia RC1 mains filter- Fisch Audio power wires
Stuttgart, Germany