Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SAM not working with Pro 1000?
Hey All,

I have an Expert Pro 1000 and Wilson Audio Sabrinas. I was fiddling around with the SAM settings by turning the percentage up and down. I gotta be honest. I heard absolutely no difference with SAM at 100% and SAM at 0%. Is this common? Has anyone else noticed no real distinction with SAM and dual mono?

Thanks, everybody!
(06-Jan-2021, 02:22)Dev_Steve Wrote: Hey All,

I have an Expert Pro 1000 and Wilson Audio Sabrinas. I was fiddling around with the SAM settings by turning the percentage up and down. I gotta be honest. I heard absolutely no difference with SAM at 100% and SAM at 0%. Is this common? Has anyone else noticed no real distinction with SAM and dual mono?

Thanks, everybody!

The SAM profile works well with my Expert Pro 1000 and Yamaha NS1000 combination, giving the Yamahas a boost from which they greatly benefit. I have heard that the effect of SAM varies greatly between 'speakers. Have you seen the 'before' and 'after' graphs that Devialet publish for each profile? It may simply be that the Wilson profile is not altered dramatically by SAM.

Fraser
Adjusting the SAM % certainly makes a clearly audible difference with the 1000 Pro and KEF Blade.  It is not a huge difference, but can certainly be clearly discerned and way beyond the level at which you might wonder if you are imagining it.  (and it can be measured with REW)

I would suggest that the question is not does SAM work with dual mono, but what is the influence of SAM specifically with the Sabrina, with any model of Devialet?  There are a number of Sabrina owners on this forum, so hopefully another user will chip in.

One slightly curious thing I noticed, checking the SAM page for the Sabrina on Devialet's website, the before and after images are missing.  Were they ever there?

1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
I do not own a 1000 Pro but a 220, but I also have Sabrina’s. When I bought the Sabrina’s I experimented and decided not to use SAM at all. I preferred the sound without SAM.
Triggered by your post I made a configuration file to enable SAM.
I disconnected my sub and played some bass-heavy tunes.
I can hardly (if not at all) hear the difference with or without SAM. So it may very well be SAM has no impact on Sabrinas.

Simon

Grimm Audio MU1 (Roon+Qobuz)  ~   D220 Pro CI   ~   Magico A5
Digital Cables: Audioquest Diamond ethernet; Audioquest Diamond AES/EBU
Speaker Cables: Nordost Tyr  -  Power Cables: Shunyata Alpha EF (D220); Shunyata Alpha NR (Grimm)
Resonance Control: Bassocontinuo (rack); CeraBase slimline (footers)
The Netherlands -                        - August 2023 -
Thanks for the info, all! Always appreciated.